U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
 
 
Old 05-20-2013, 06:05 AM
 
1 posts, read 2,131 times
Reputation: 10

Advertisements

My husband is going to relocate at Winston-salem in NC. But, I have heard quite few times that safety is bit lesser . I am just really worried and afraid of it . Can anyone suggest me the better place to live at Winston-salem or High Point or nearby which is safe and non-isolated area?
Quick reply to this message

 
Old 05-20-2013, 06:48 AM
 
2,647 posts, read 6,081,893 times
Reputation: 3408
Don't know what you've been hearing, but there's really no need to worry. Winston-Salem and the surrounding area are very safe. Like any larger city (and most smaller ones for that matter), there are some areas that are less desirable that many would consider unsafe. But these areas are relatively well-defined and isolated, and if you stay away from them you'll have no problems. As one would expect, the lower-income areas are more susceptible to crimes, especially drug-related ones, and fortunately it's relatively rare to hear about crimes in the nicer neighborhoods and more active areas of downtown. That said, I don't want to give the impression that all lower-income areas are crime-ridden--that's certainly not the case. So even if your economic resources are limited, you can find safe neighborhoods.
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2013, 07:44 AM
 
Location: The Triad (NC)
28,484 posts, read 62,084,629 times
Reputation: 32131
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyReviews View Post
My husband is going to relocate at Winston-salem in NC.
Aren't you coming along?
Quick reply to this message
 
Old 05-20-2013, 02:07 PM
 
6,611 posts, read 6,920,800 times
Reputation: 4077
Quote:
Originally Posted by MyReviews View Post
My husband is going to relocate at Winston-salem in NC. But, I have heard quite few times that safety is bit lesser . I am just really worried and afraid of it . Can anyone suggest me the better place to live at Winston-salem or High Point or nearby which is safe and non-isolated area?
Higher crime areas in Winston-Salem (like most other cities) are the exception - not the norm. I would guess that about 90% of the city is generally safe, while the other 10% gets the majority of crime. Almost anywhere you choose to live will be fine. I would suggest somewhere near your jobs.
Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


 
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:


Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top