U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-27-2013, 07:10 AM

26 posts, read 34,534 times

Advertisements

We are in our 60's, have many friends in NC and are looking to possibly
sell in Ct and make the move! I have looked on line for 2 years and will meet
with a realtor in Sept. Hope to beable to get a fairly good price for our home
here or we wont be able to make the decision! I am looking in WS and the
otutskirts of town...Pfafftown?? Want all city utilities..any ideas Sherwood Forest??
appreciate any constructive advice!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-27-2013, 07:48 AM

28,496 posts, read 62,152,821 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northyankee View Post
best neighborhoods in Winston-Salem We are in our 60's, have many friends in NC ... looking in WS and the otutskirts
Want all city utilities...
How do you define "best"?

A spring drive through Runnymede:

Fiery Red Azaleas in HD - YouTube

Old 05-27-2013, 08:23 AM

well, safe, not on the edge of an undesireable area
I suppose..probably looking for a typical brick ranch
might need a bit of work, something like Sherwood Forest are
2 car garage, basement..just looking for various ideas. Appreciate
your input!

Old 05-27-2013, 01:30 PM

1,047 posts, read 1,973,034 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by northyankee View Post
well, safe, not on the edge of an undesireable area
I suppose..probably looking for a typical brick ranch
might need a bit of work, something like Sherwood Forest are
2 car garage, basement..just looking for various ideas. Appreciate
your input!
If you want a 'typical brick ranch' in a safe area, you actually just hit the nail on the head.

Old 05-27-2013, 02:12 PM

2,648 posts, read 6,086,746 times
You might also consider the Town & Country neighborhood, just a little farther out, as well as Ardmore and Washington Park.

Old 05-27-2013, 04:42 PM

3,867 posts, read 6,659,741 times
All of the above suggestions are good ones. Here are two more....

Even though Buena Vista is more known for its larger homes, it's not unheard of to find a brick rancher there as well.

Another area worth looking at is Country Club Rd near Forsyth Country Club. There are several streets across from the club such as Pennsylvania, Plymouth, Lawndale and others with the type of housing you're looking for. A lot of these houses have carports rather than garages, but it's still worth checking out.

Old 05-27-2013, 06:38 PM

very nice of all of you to give me ideas. I will look into all of these. Thanks so much!

Old 05-27-2013, 06:40 PM

Actually I saw one on Pennington, Billie Sue Dr and Chartwell Circle that were nice

Old 08-21-2013, 05:49 AM

Well, Im coming down last week in Sept. and will be staying with a friend in Pfafftown , doing a video of the WS area,
trying to SELL the husband on retiring there from CT. I've shown him homes (price range 175000-200000 and he seems
to love what he sees. we don't need an expensive home...nice ranch with 2 car garage and basement. He seems to think that everything is so spread out, as opposed to lower Ct. so wish me luck on convincing him !! Any words of encouragement are appreciated and I'll have him look at this site for responses!!! I'd probably be bringing along MY son who has a tree business, also !! Lots of thinking to do.... Husband is a semi retired butcher. I told him he could probably find something for himself..he's one of the old school very talented in his trade, and can build and fix anything !!

Hope to hear from someone !!

Thanks

Claire
Fairfield, CT

Old 08-21-2013, 07:21 AM

7,278 posts, read 13,526,501 times
If you're out in Pfafftown, things might feel more spread out than if you were staying somewhere in Winston. Make sure you spend a little time downtown. Grab a beer at Foothills, if that's your thing. Sample some restaurants (there are plenty of recommendations on this forum). Take a walk through Old Salem. Maybe check out Pilot Mountain or Hanging Rock to the north. Winston's not as dense as the Tri-State/BosWash area, of course, but it is a part of the "industrial crescent" that runs from Charlotte to Raleigh, and there's over a million people in the Triad (Winston-Salem/Greensboro/High Point).

I say come on down and look around. The housing stock is very nice and reasonably priced. There's plenty to do. There's a little something for everyone.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point