U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-29-2013, 10:29 AM

272 posts, read 805,855 times

Advertisements

I visited the KK on Stratford recently and noticed that they are doing their donuts differently and they are not as good. Has anyone else noticed this? The recipe seems slightly different (can't put my finger on it) and OMG, they are cooling off the donuts so they no longer have that gooey, drippy hot goodness. Any one else notice?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-29-2013, 12:33 PM

2,648 posts, read 6,087,717 times
Haven't been there in a couple of weeks, but I'm not aware of any changes. Was the "Hot Doughnuts Now" sign lit when you went? They only make them at certain times of the day, and if the sign isn't lit you won't get hot ones. I couldn't imagine they were cooling them off otherwise.

Old 05-29-2013, 01:19 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,600,696 times
Now you want me to go prove you wrong in a nice way.
As Arby says if Hot N Now light not on well its no longer hot lol. They have to be hot at some point.

That is one of there first locations I cant imagine they would change it up
I frequented different ones over the years and figure out the hot n now is usually on during rush hours .

Old 05-30-2013, 07:30 AM

1,255 posts, read 2,105,692 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Now you want me to go prove you wrong in a nice way.
As Arby says if Hot N Now light not on well its no longer hot lol. They have to be hot at some point.
I was going to post that I will volunteer to research this issue. It would require me to sample the products at various times throughout the day, probably for many days or weeks. It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make for the fine people on this forum.

Old 05-30-2013, 08:09 AM

22,974 posts, read 58,600,696 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelvee View Post
I was going to post that I will volunteer to research this issue. It would require me to sample the products at various times throughout the day, probably for many days or weeks. It's a sacrifice I'm willing to make for the fine people on this forum.

Im spoiled, if the Hot N Now light is not on im not stopping maybe I can do it this evening.
Its at great location far as dealing with Stradford traffic unless your turning left to go there.
Hop on Bus 40 and hop off.

I was just on KK website seeing if they might advertise when Hot N Now sign is lit. They should do that, I bet the place would be packed.

I did notice two things
National Doughnut Day is June 7th and KK giving a free doughnut.

Also they are selling a drink called Frozen Hot Chocolate isnt that a oxymoron I guess Frappe is trademarked.

wait wait wait. YIPEE ya'll going to hate me.......

I found it KK has an app for that.

KK has a Hot N Now app that will send alerts when the sign is on. HOTLIGHTAPP.COM

That when they get most sale from me, I eat a half dozen right there and dozen to go.

Krispy Kreme is best ever North Carolina company.

Old 05-30-2013, 09:41 AM

1,047 posts, read 1,973,305 times
^Good lord...

Between RJR and Krispy Kreme I wonder how many deaths Winston-Salem has been responsible for over the years.

Old 05-30-2013, 11:27 AM

3,867 posts, read 6,661,069 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by DSS94 View Post
^Good lord...

Between RJR and Krispy Kreme I wonder how many deaths Winston-Salem has been responsible for over the years.
I'd much rather suffer "death by donuts" than "death by nicotine."

Old 05-30-2013, 11:36 AM

7,278 posts, read 13,527,643 times
But Winston also brings you hot sauce and underwear, so it's a mixed bag.

Old 05-30-2013, 12:13 PM

272 posts, read 805,855 times
I am glad to see that so many of you are taking this seriously. I certainly am. I went when the Hot light was on. I use the locator app (really!), although I go so often, for decades, that I rarely need a reminder as I have the popular times memorized. I only buy and eat the hot donuts ( a true purist here). I have kids that have memorized the entire process and its timing and one with a KK Calendar. So....

Let me be specific for the rest of you purists....KK has installed a cooler or an air dryer that chills the hot cakes off before they run them through the icing drip. It's brand new. It was not there at last month (yeah, I really do eat there that much). The cakes no longer drip off the lifting rod when pulled right off the hot line. They are cool (even the hot ones). It completely ruins the experience for me.

Help. Would one of you take one for the team (in the name of research you understand) and go over there and look at this situation. Is it just Stratford? Is is all KK's? Is this device being test marketed somewhere else? Please. If you have to taste one, I completely understand. Thanks!

Old 05-30-2013, 02:09 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,309,010 times
It sounds as if they may be trying to save money from wasted glazing or to speed packing or both.
FWIW, ever since I discovered Donut World I don't know who KK is.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point