U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-04-2013, 02:06 PM

4 posts, read 7,815 times

Advertisements

Hello Everyone!

When Im blessed with a job offer, I plan on moving to North Carolina. Im looking into job opportunities in the Triad area. In terms of Winston-Salem, in general, how safe is the neighborhood? What areas in Winston-Salem have the better or newer apartments to rent that is safe and affordable? What apartments are newer? In terms of looking into areas outside of Winston-Salem, what areas would you recommend or live in yourself? Any thoughts or suggestion would be most helpful. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-04-2013, 06:35 PM

28,487 posts, read 62,101,894 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EducatedConsumer View Post
In terms of Winston-Salem, in general, how safe is the neighborhood?
Winston-Salem is over 140 square miles with about 200 "neighborhoods"
You can find pretty much anything you want.

Quote:
Any thoughts or suggestion would be most helpful.
Come. See. Get educated.

Old 08-06-2013, 08:53 AM

3,863 posts, read 6,654,997 times
It's been a while since I've lived in W-S, but unless things have changed, stay away from Brownsboro Rd (off University Pwy). There seemed to be frequent news reports of shootings or other crime-related activity in that area.

Your questions are pretty broad. It is usually a lot easier to comment if you were to list specific areas/neighborhoods that catch your interest through your own internet research.

Old 08-06-2013, 11:08 AM

39 posts, read 134,606 times
I would Suggest Pfafftown, Lewisville or Clemmons are all good areas and if you have children they have great schools with high scores as well!! Hope this helps

Old 08-09-2013, 06:33 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Winston-Salem is over 140 square miles with about 200 "neighborhoods"
You can find pretty much anything you want.

Come. See. Get educated.
Thanks for the reply. I actually came down to Winston-Salem recently. I was not particularly fond of the area I saw. I was at the bus terminal briefly then the local bus. I will definitely look broader at the "neighborhood" in Winston Salem then expand outwards so I can get educated.

Old 08-09-2013, 06:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadpony View Post
It's been a while since I've lived in W-S, but unless things have changed, stay away from Brownsboro Rd (off University Pwy). There seemed to be frequent news reports of shootings or other crime-related activity in that area.

Thank you so much for the information. I want to be as far away as possible from any area that the news report on frequently.

Your questions are pretty broad. It is usually a lot easier to comment if you were to list specific areas/neighborhoods that catch your interest through your own internet research.
I have read many positive comments on Lewisville, Clemmons and Kernersville. Any comments on those areas? I went online to also do research, I will check out those areas in person. My main concern is being in a safe area. If I get an offer in Winston Salem, I want my commute to be less than 30 minutes. Thanks again for your comments!

Old 08-09-2013, 06:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by essn1977 View Post
I would Suggest Pfafftown, Lewisville or Clemmons are all good areas and if you have children they have great schools with high scores as well!! Hope this helps
Thanks so much for your suggestions. I will do my research online and visit each area in person next time.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point