U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-23-2013, 10:45 AM

302 posts, read 536,988 times

Advertisements

Looks like Winston-Salem will get the first Publix in the Triad.

Publix News Release
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-23-2013, 10:51 AM

7,278 posts, read 13,523,592 times
Right near the Cloverdale Harris Teeter. Decisions, decisions.

Old 08-23-2013, 04:21 PM

1,486 posts, read 1,694,870 times
The thing I like about Publix, well, one of the things, is that you don't need one of those cards. Everything is what it is.

Old 08-23-2013, 07:26 PM

2,648 posts, read 6,084,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
Right near the Cloverdale Harris Teeter. Decisions, decisions.

And right across the street from Whole Foods.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:18 AM
LLN

4,981 posts, read 8,744,235 times
Everyone wants a Publix, but IMHO they are no better or worse than a good HT. In fact I have not been in a Publix yet, and have been in over a dozen that can compare to HT. I am probably in minority, but it is what it is. Oh, I am not against them and are glad they are coming, but your life WILL NOT CHANGE.

Old 08-24-2013, 10:12 AM

3,114 posts, read 4,145,903 times
Next up, a Wegman's and Zara in Winston!

Old 08-24-2013, 10:44 AM

29,902 posts, read 27,345,109 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by LLN View Post
Everyone wants a Publix, but IMHO they are no better or worse than a good HT. In fact I have not been in a Publix yet, and have been in over a dozen that can compare to HT. I am probably in minority, but it is what it is. Oh, I am not against them and are glad they are coming, but your life WILL NOT CHANGE.
I tend to agree.

I just think that people are excited about more decent options coming to the area though.

Old 08-24-2013, 09:28 PM

19,983 posts, read 18,922,177 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue at the Rock View Post
The thing I like about Publix, well, one of the things, is that you don't need one of those cards. Everything is what it is.
Publix does not have a loyalty card like Food Lion, Harris Teeter and Lowe's Foods have. Publix does have cards for customer participating in Publix Parters, booster program for schools and non-profit organizations, and Upromise, for customers buying products that earn points towards college savings in a 529 plan.

I have predicted Publix would enter the Greensboro/Winston-Salem/High Point area at anytime. With Winston-Salem on board, more locations in Greensboro and High Point will follow.

Lowe's Foods will find itself having difficulties with Publix and Kroger powered Harris Teeter. All three chains pride themselves in quality, value and service. Publix and Harris Teeter have pharmacies; Lowe's Foods does not, and is one reason why they will struggle.

Old 08-25-2013, 12:37 PM

21,187 posts, read 30,351,954 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I tend to agree.

I just think that people are excited about more decent options coming to the area though.
I agree as well. Publix is a monopoly here in Florida (sadly) and would say they compare favorably to Harris Teeter. I actually prefer Harris Teeter knowing the chain from when I lived in the Triangle back in the 90s. Supporting the hometown team so to speak is probably the better way to go economically anyway.

Old 08-25-2013, 02:58 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,304,056 times
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
I tend to agree.

I wonder if it is actually options or familarity? Those who are excited about theses chains setting up shop have most likely lived/shopped where the chain had a market presence.
As for myself, someone who hasn't live out of state, I fail to see the hype. This includes Trader Joes.
The last chain I was excited to see come to town was Costco because my old favorite membership warehouse, Pace, closed when Sam's Club opened.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point