U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-05-2013, 12:56 PM

39 posts, read 134,591 times

Advertisements

Hi all so yesterday a deer came running through my yard and collided with a metal fence really injuring the deer two sherriffs had to come put the deer down, they drug it to the top of my yard but now its just laying there!! I called DOT and im not on a state road so they were like sorry nothing we can do! who can I call to come get this dead deer out of my yard?

Thank you!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-05-2013, 03:12 PM

97 posts, read 253,619 times
honey boo-boo's mama? no, seriously, i would think any department of public health would be right on that. a rotting dear in your front yard is not an eyesore, it's a health issue.

Old 09-05-2013, 03:41 PM

264 posts, read 823,067 times
Depending on how fresh the carcass is you may be able to get a homeless shelter to come and get the animal for it's meat.

Old 09-05-2013, 03:42 PM

10,814 posts, read 15,114,463 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by essn1977 View Post
Hi all so yesterday a deer came running through my yard and collided with a metal fence really injuring the deer two sherriffs had to come put the deer down, they drug it to the top of my yard but now its just laying there!! I called DOT and im not on a state road so they were like sorry nothing we can do! who can I call to come get this dead deer out of my yard?

Thank you!!

It seems you would need to call the County Animal Control

Old 09-05-2013, 03:54 PM

97 posts, read 253,619 times
what county do you live in? i'll look into it and find out who handles it and let you know. i'm glad to do it. you can inbox me if you want. i'm just watching tv right now- hubby's gone to the park with the kids so i've got some down time if you need assistance in finding out who to call. this is the kind of thing people get more run-around with than actual answers so let me know if i can help.

Old 09-06-2013, 07:08 AM

Hi I have called DOT and dead animal pick up everyone I can even the Sherriffs department and they called dead animal pick up for me and nothing I have to take care of it myself! I have someone who is going to try and drag it with my lawnmower down into the woods not sure what else to do? UGGGG I love that noone in the County is willing to do anything about this! Also I live in the town of Lewisville but not on a state maintained road!

Old 09-06-2013, 08:39 AM

Well I would have let it run off to die on its own but a neighbor insisted I call someone so 2 COUNTY SHERIFF came and shot the deer and said they would have someone remove it from my yard well it never happened.. I would have let it run off itself to die if I had known they were going to shoot it and drag it to the front of my yard and it would have been left there.. But thank you all for your help!! I had someone come and hook it to my riding lawnmower and move it to the woods behind my house which is about an acre away hopefully the smell wont creep up near my house!

Old 09-06-2013, 08:41 AM

2,647 posts, read 6,081,893 times
There are private companies that will remove dead animals. Piedmont Wildlife Services is one. Never had the need to use them so I can't vouch for them, but that's what they do.

Old 09-08-2013, 08:26 AM

328 posts, read 671,825 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by essn1977 View Post
Well I would have let it run off to die on its own but a neighbor insisted I call someone so 2 COUNTY SHERIFF came and shot the deer and said they would have someone remove it from my yard well it never happened.. I would have let it run off itself to die if I had known they were going to shoot it and drag it to the front of my yard and it would have been left there.. But thank you all for your help!! I had someone come and hook it to my riding lawnmower and move it to the woods behind my house which is about an acre away hopefully the smell wont creep up near my house!

I'm glad that you found someone to help you. I think it's good that you called the sheriff's office so that the animal didn't have to suffer longer than necessary. It's a shame they didn't move the animal when they were done with it. Why would they have someone come back if it could be dragged to the woods?

Old 09-14-2013, 02:57 PM

1,820 posts, read 3,507,489 times
I am in the county . Someone hit deer in front of the entrance to our neighborhood and it was obviously paralyzed because it drug itself to a neighbor's back yard. We called animal control. The man was compassionate and said we have to put it out of it's misery and he said we might want to leave because they shoot it in the back of the head so we did leave. The deer was gone so they must have removed it.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point