U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-12-2013, 06:17 PM

1 posts, read 1,375 times

Advertisements

My family is considering a relocation to this area, we moved two years ago to the Illinois area and now are looking to relocate again with another company...we have three children, freshman in college, senior, and 7th grader. Can you give any advise on schools, best locations near greensboro/WS area. What do you like most about those areas? What do you like least? Thank you!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-15-2013, 02:22 PM

21,204 posts, read 30,404,475 times
NW Greensboro around Guilford College/Starmount Forest/Friendly Center is prime in my opinion for quality of neighborhoods, convenience, safety and schools. Similarly the NW side of Winston Salem with the Sherwood Forest/Reynolda/Bethabara neighborhoods. You can't go wrong with either in my opinion but to me Winston Salem has more an artistic edge and other endearing qualities which Greensboro seems to lack a bit.

Old 09-16-2013, 07:26 AM

3,867 posts, read 6,666,753 times
Where is the job located? That would help us give more targeted advice.

Old 09-16-2013, 08:53 AM

1,256 posts, read 2,107,986 times
I take every chance I get to say how much we enjoy living in the Meadowlands subdivision near Wallburg, which is convenient to all areas of the Triad (though not super close to any, which is annoying at times). We're happy so far with the northeast Davidson County area and schools. But I figure OP will be looking to rent at least at first - is this correct? I don't know anything about rental properties in the area. If you do end up here, welcome! I've lived in several states (NY, CA, NV, UT, OR, now NC), and love North Carolina.

Old 09-17-2013, 12:59 PM

6 posts, read 6,496 times
I would 2nd the suggestion for NW WS. It is a great area with great schools and easy transportation for the most part. If you are looking outside of the actual cities, you may want to look at Western Forsyth County (Clemmons/Lewisville) as nice options with diverse housing choices, a slower pace, and most of what you need.

Old 09-23-2013, 01:31 PM

3 posts, read 3,453 times
As many have said prior to me, Northern and Northwestern areas of Greensboro are fantastic. However, there some schools (Grimsley and Page) that have great records as well. Greensboro has all the accessibility of a big city but still has a small town feel. People are friendly and willing to help in any way they can. I am personally born and raised in Greensboro, and enjoyed my youth very much. There are many things for all age groups, including children's museum, parades, festivals, 5k runs/walks, fairs, concerts, etc. I also attended UNCG and loved the programs there. Overall it is a wonderful place to raise a family or retire. Visit Local Real Estate │ Homes For Sale │Warmath Realty Group for more information on neighborhoods or search homes that are available in the area.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point