U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 07:22 AM

1,255 posts, read 2,105,692 times

Advertisements

Pavilion Development of Charlotte is planning a retail development along Hanes Mall Boulevard in Winston-Salem, a project that could cost up to $20 million when fully built out by late 2015.
Former Panthers player Wesley Walls planning $20M Hanes Mall Blvd. development - Greensboro - The Business Journal

Plans for 150,000 sq ft of retail, less than earlier proposals. The developer says they have commitments on two larger rear parcels and is working on the four smaller parcels in front. This is the last sizable vacant property along Hanes Mall Blvd.

I'm curious who is going to go into those two rear parcels.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-28-2013, 07:27 AM

2,648 posts, read 6,087,717 times
Oh boy, even more development to contribute to the Hanes Mall Blvd. congestion. I'm all for having more shopping options, but they seriously need to address the traffic flow.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:31 AM

3,117 posts, read 4,148,349 times
I wish they would build and develop more retail and mixed use in center city, instead of more low density sprawl.

Old 10-28-2013, 07:40 AM

2,648 posts, read 6,087,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
I wish they would build and develop more retail and mixed use in center city, instead of more low density sprawl.

Agreed. We now have some nice restaurant/bar offerings downtown, but definitely need more retail establishments to draw people in. I know there are plans for a Mast Store, so I'm hoping that will spark more additions.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:02 AM

2,657 posts, read 7,185,972 times
With quite a bit of empty space still available in that block adjacent to Carmax, off Kester Mill?

I guess the next path of development will be west, on 158, heading toward Clemmons. I wish someone with gumption and funds would do tear-downs and repurpose many of the properties on 158 heading toward W-S. That road definitely needs to be reconfigured.

Old 10-28-2013, 08:14 AM

1,255 posts, read 2,105,692 times
I'm not thrilled with even more traffic in that area, but I figured it was inevitable. But it is such a pain driving anywhere around there at various times, especially on weekends.

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverwing View Post
With quite a bit of empty space still available in that block adjacent to Carmax, off Kester Mill?

I guess the next path of development will be west, on 158, heading toward Clemmons. I wish someone with gumption and funds would do tear-downs and repurpose many of the properties on 158 heading toward W-S. That road definitely needs to be reconfigured.
158 is Stratford Rd, right? With apartments, the bank (credit union?) HQ going up, the area just south of Hanes Mall Blvd probably will see more development in the future.

Old 10-28-2013, 02:21 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,309,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by arbyunc View Post
Oh boy, even more development to contribute to the Hanes Mall Blvd. congestion. I'm all for having more shopping options, but they seriously need to address the traffic flow.
I refer to that as cluster f**k corridor.

Old 10-28-2013, 03:59 PM

3,117 posts, read 4,148,349 times
cluster fork?

Old 10-28-2013, 04:58 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,309,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarheelhombre View Post
cluster fork?
That's it!

Old 10-29-2013, 08:40 AM

2,657 posts, read 7,185,972 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelvee View Post
158 is Stratford Rd, right? With apartments, the bank (credit union?) HQ going up, the area just south of Hanes Mall Blvd probably will see more development in the future.
Folks tend to think of the road as 158 (starts in Mocksville) until it crosses Hanes Blvd, then it becomes "Stratford." There is a headquarters for a credit union under construction on the "158" stretch with additional long-time businesses as you head toward Clemmons. At least the road is already 4-lanes and able to handle the current traffic, unlike the Stratford section. Lord, that is awful. We never go to that part of town on the weekend. On weekdays we go early, get our shopping done, eat at 11am and get out of there. There is still that parcel of land triangulated by Kester Mill, Hanes and Char-Lou Road. It's kind of historic in that the buildings illustrate how that area used to be rural/farming. Last I heard, it was on the market for $2 million.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point