U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Covid-19 Information Page
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2009, 03:19 PM

22,974 posts, read 60,718,410 times

Advertisements

Denton is a cute small hamlet of town surrounded by various natural beauties. High Rock Lake , URE forest and farm land galore. The people are friendly for the most part but also protective. If you get to know them and accept the way they live their culture is fine but you will get some mean looks or actions if you complain, wish this area had that , then you will develop stand offish neighbors.
Try to attend functions in the area you will be amaze on what differences in culture can provide and that is a good thing
Rate this post positively Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2009, 03:36 PM
LLN

5,184 posts, read 9,399,532 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by smartclips View Post
... I agree that the town of Denton needs help but like I told my wife (the ultimate skeptic), as more of us Northern Yankee Carpet baggers keep moving into the area, the surrounding communities will have no choice but to grow. We will "demand and require" more services and ammenties.
Don't count on it and you can take your Yankee demands and put them where the sun don't shine. Your post is the quintessential, condescending crap that we hear from Yankees all the time. Possibly it is your attitude that needs changing, not Denton.

lln

Old 01-08-2009, 09:02 PM

12,576 posts, read 14,077,408 times
Rural is rural is rural just as podunk is podunk is podunk no matter what part of the country it is. I've seen towns up north where they still park diagonal on Main St and one place in particular where Main St still had the original brick pavers. A small city out west where I vacationed this past Oct closed schools for the first day of hunting season.
I have no idea why southerners think they own the rights to "small town america."

Old 01-09-2009, 06:06 PM

22,974 posts, read 60,718,410 times
great topic for your own thread but that isnt what this thread about which is the springs at High Rock Lake and areas around it

Old 01-11-2009, 01:45 PM

46 posts, read 161,463 times
I agree. Anyone who can share anything else about The Springs, please chime in! Thank You!

Old 01-18-2009, 07:54 AM

1 posts, read 2,354 times
Default The Springs?

Okay, I am not from NY. I do not want to change Denton. I only want to find out more about The Springs and surrounding area. I have no issues with the schools. My husband and I want to move somewhat near our daughter in Winston and High Rock Lake seems to be a great place to be. Anyone have advice? If we want to be 45 or so away from Winston, is The Springs in that range?
Thanks for any help you might give.

Old 01-18-2009, 05:20 PM

14,467 posts, read 5,976,106 times
Yes you can be about 45-60 min. away. The lake for me has turned out to be everything I expected.The water level could drop by 6-10 ft. if we hit a dry spell. Right now it is about at full pond. there are a lot of gated communities opening along the lake in both Davidson and Rowan Counties.If you go south on Rt. 85 to Exit 81 making left there are new communities there along Long Ferry Road and Goodman Lake Road. Good luck

Old 04-19-2009, 05:15 PM

1 posts, read 2,271 times
We built a second home in The Springs and plan to retire there. We love Denton just the way it is and hope it will continue to be a small town.

As someone who moved here almost 30 years ago from NY - don't try to change what is here....just learn to appreciate the people and community....

Old 02-18-2018, 12:11 PM

1 posts, read 521 times
I realize this thread is from years ago, but I'd like to open it up again in hopes of learning more about The Springs. We are looking to move to The Springs in the next few weeks. We have visited recently on a house hunting trip and fell in love with a home there, the land the property offers, as well as the environment of The Springs. But, we don't really know anything about what it's like to actually live there, to intermingle with the residents, or to integrate into the HOA family. Does anyone have any food for thought on these topics? I'd love to hear good and bad so my husband and I can make a better informed decision about making an offer on the property. We are from FL so there's no other way to get info since we know no one in the area. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Old 08-07-2018, 04:17 AM

1 posts, read 356 times
Smile The Springs at High Rock Lake

I too would love to open this back up. My wife and I are hoping to buy a lot up in the Springs pretty soon as well. Part of my teenage years were spent growing up in the Springs with family friends who used to live there. I always greatly enjoyed my time up there, especially in the summer! Great views everywhere and so peaceful and quiet. Denton definitely is a different kind of place.....I like it.....but it might not be the taste everyone is looking for. You also have to think that Richfield is only 20 minutes and Salisbury is only 30 minutes away as well. So there are other towns semi close by. Anyone have any other things they can share about the Springs? I saw the minimum house we can build is 1800 Sqft…..that probably will be what we do on our tight budget haha.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point