U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-04-2013, 06:38 AM

62 posts, read 64,194 times

Advertisements

I have noticed quite a difference in home prices comparing west side v. east side living. There seems to be some great homes/prices off of NC 150 in between I-40 and I40 Business (around the Salem Lake area). What can anyone say about this area? We aren't concerned with schools as we are empty nesters. Any got'chas to watch out for? We are somewhat familiar with Winston-Salem as we do a lot of shopping there but mostly around the Hanes Mall, Thruway, Whole Foods, Fresh Market, etc. areas.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-04-2013, 07:05 AM

28,559 posts, read 62,337,179 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdyGourmet View Post
We aren't concerned with schools as we are empty-nesters.
The other 95% of home buyer's everywhere *are* concerned about schools;
their next biggest concern is usually ratio of owner occupied vs rental.
The two are real solid indicators of the better purchase choice locations.

Quote:
What can anyone say about this area?
It's too large to say anything too specific.
You need to look deeper.

Quote:
Any got'chas to watch out for?
Moderator cut: link removed, linking to competitor sites is not allowed

Last edited by Yac; 12-12-2013 at 07:16 AM..

Old 12-04-2013, 10:41 AM

3,868 posts, read 6,675,099 times
What Mr. Rational is saying is that not only should you be concerned about meeting your own personal criteria, but it would be wise to factor in re-sale down the road.

Old 12-09-2013, 03:56 PM

62 posts, read 64,194 times
Thanks for the input. I probably mis-spoke about the schools. We aren't concerned about being geographically close to schools. I've been in the situation where we lived far from schools thus resulting in long bus rides for the children - not a pleasant experience. As far as gotcha's -- trying to avoid situations where water or utilities are an issue. I've been in an area where the ground water was basically polluted due to abandoned gas stations and leaking fuel tanks. Or areas where there are numerous overhead lines which may result in a higher percentage of power outages due to weather (usually older neighborhoods which may be considered desirable due to location, or rural/remote areas). I will continue my research ...
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point