U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 02-24-2014, 10:49 PM

14,311 posts, read 15,136,003 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by PDD View Post
I like it here because I am surrounded by folks who obviously are not interested in collecting enough tax money from me to educated their kids. I'm good with that.
Those damn folks up North are too concerned about paying teachers a living wage. Jeeze they only work nine months a year.
If it's a real shame that the local yokels haven't welcomed you with open arms and a willingness to do things "our way" (I live in NJ).

Oh well, their loss.

No, really, I mean that.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-25-2014, 08:13 AM

5 posts, read 5,621 times
Yes, he is probably telling the truth. It's been known to happen more than often.

Old 02-26-2014, 08:23 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,309,010 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgianbelle View Post
If you feel this way, why would you want to live in the South? I don't care where you came from, so I can plead whatever I choose. If you told me where you came from, I wouldn't care. If you had an attitude because of where you came from, I would speak up.
I don't have an attitude of where I came from and I don't tell anyone where I'm from unless asked. As far as I'm concerned it's nobody's business.

Old 02-27-2014, 02:05 PM

4,728 posts, read 4,474,159 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
I don't have an attitude of where I came from and I don't tell anyone where I'm from unless asked. As far as I'm concerned it's nobody's business.
I agree. Have a nice day.

Old 02-27-2014, 02:22 PM

7,278 posts, read 13,527,643 times
This thread is so weird, and we've gotten pretty far from the original question.

If you're interviewing with a company in Greensboro, I really, really, REALLY doubt that you would have even a smidgen of a problem because you're from the north. For goodness sake. Greensboro isn't Mayberry. There are something like a million and a half people in the Triad, including thousands upon thousands of transplants. My co-workers are from around the country and, in a few cases, around the world. This isn't Deliverance, people.

Old 02-27-2014, 06:07 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by CarolinaBredChicagoan View Post
This thread is so weird, and we've gotten pretty far from the original question.

If you're interviewing with a company in Greensboro, I really, really, REALLY doubt that you would have even a smidgen of a problem because you're from the north. For goodness sake. Greensboro isn't Mayberry. There are something like a million and a half people in the Triad, including thousands upon thousands of transplants. My co-workers are from around the country and, in a few cases, around the world. This isn't Deliverance, people.
Squeal Piggy! Sorry, that just came out. I really think that people don't care where you are from. It is attitude that matters, and for a job it is qualifications.

Old 02-27-2014, 08:00 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,309,010 times
Quote:
Squeal Piggy! Sorry, that just came out. I really think that people don't care where you are from. It is attitude that matters, and for a job it is qualifications.
Your assumption is naive indeed. Thanks to the influx of northerners and changing attitudes it is not as prevalent but, I would bet the problem still exists today.
When we moved here in 1970 my dad had a hell of a time getting a job because he was a "damn yankee." He had to buy worthless stock to get a job at one company.

Old 02-28-2014, 09:41 AM

My assumption is based on my experience. I don't care where you are from; it doesn't affect me at all as long as you are courteous. Also, your move happened 44 years ago. Things do change, maybe slowly, but they do.

Old 03-01-2014, 06:52 AM

28,497 posts, read 62,167,040 times
Quote:
I really think that people don't care where you are from.
It is attitude that matters, and for a job it is qualifications.
Well bless your heart!

Old 03-01-2014, 07:36 AM

3,774 posts, read 7,011,203 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Well bless your heart!
You're doing it wrong.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point