U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 12-22-2013, 01:31 AM

4,596 posts, read 4,412,136 times

Advertisements

Katalyst Urban Design has some conceptual renderings of whats to come in downtown Greensboro! check out the park and huge pond where the old railyard is today adjacent to Southside! It will be called "Rail Yard Park" and is one of the last items on Action Greensboro's downtown plan created in 2001 that has not been developed. One of the drawings are outdated because it shows the ballpark in the south end of downtown. It was built in the northwest corner of downtown. There is also a rendering of some mixed-use high-rise. But the renderings are conceptual and are at least a few years old. I can already see current plans following some of these conceptual drawings like the location of the performing arts center in relationship to adjoining park and center-city park. I'm really digging that civic plaza type space in the rendering at the top of the page. I'm not quite sure where thats is suppose to be downtown and I don't have a clue what the high-rise is about in another rendering but I can see the Wells Fargo Tower in the background.

Greensboro Center City Plan

Last edited by gsoboi78; 12-22-2013 at 02:03 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-02-2014, 05:48 PM

122 posts, read 167,495 times
Any chance we can get Robbie Perkins to act as the developer for these projects?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point