Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-01-2007, 06:49 PM

222 posts, read 932,829 times

Advertisements

Clemmons to Lexington would be at least a 30 minute commute. If the Clemmons address is in Davidson county, a tiny bit less. The Arcadia area has many new and existing homes for sale and excellent schools. You are looking at a 20 minute commute to Lexington from the most northern part of Arcadia/Davidson county.

The Sapona area just west of Lexington is a pretty popular neighborhood. I know some parents in that area haven't been the happiest in the past with the schools, but I don't know any specifics recently. I would just stay out of the Lexington city districts.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 12-02-2007, 09:22 PM

18 posts, read 112,191 times
Default Lexington

We lived in Lexington for 9 years while I worked in HIgh Point and
my wife worked in Winston Salem.

We now live in clemmons, SW of Winston ...

Check out Clemmons and just inside the northern county line in Davidson County for some nice housing...

We've been in the area since 1976 and is as good a home area we've found after stints in Connecticut, Montana and home states of Illinois and Wisconsin

Good luck...

Old 12-03-2007, 10:57 AM

40 posts, read 203,745 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewDad View Post
it's lewisville*

*correcting for search purposes (you'll never find louisville, nc with google)

Ahhh I know I know! It's been 5 years since I lived there and now here its spelled differently and I messed up haha sorry!!

Old 12-08-2007, 06:28 PM

7 posts, read 34,444 times
If your into fishing or water sports High Rock lake has alot to offer, Also many newly constructed homes in that area.

Old 12-09-2007, 05:57 PM

1 posts, read 2,552 times
Default Need To Move

I"M a single mother of three looking for a place to move and liked what Lexington NC had to offer nice and quiet If there is anybody that has a three bedroom preferably with a family room and that's willing to accept a section eight voucher please email me thanks and have a blessed and prosperous day!!!!!

Old 12-11-2007, 01:08 PM

2,560 posts, read 8,516,515 times
What about "North Davidson" off of Hickory Tree Rd. You are 10 miles to downtown Winston-Salem and 10 miles to Lexington and right beside Interstate 52.

Old 12-11-2007, 06:20 PM

52 posts, read 193,420 times
As a teacher in the TCS school system I would not recommend Lexington or Thomasville City Schools - they are a mess at the elementary level, in fact Liberty Drive (Thomasville) is in danger of being taken over by the state next year because of lack meeting AYP goals for several years, there is little leadership and a lot of in fighting among staff. I can't wait for the hiring season to begin so I can find a new teaching job out of that school system

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunnyKayak View Post
Reason that was probably brought up even though Lexington and Thomasville City Schools do ok on the elementary level they are lacking in the middle school and high School level.
As others have mention try to get on the Northern end of Davidson County the schools rank alot better in that section. If you are looking for rather new construction that is area to look at or if you are looking for a home with a decent size yard look around Midway, Clemmons area or Wallburg.

Old 12-12-2007, 06:56 AM

2,657 posts, read 8,005,722 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by rosadelic View Post
Look in Clemmons/Lewisville, then just follow 801 down to 64. You can head a little west on 64 as well. With any of those areas you'll have an easy commute, low taxes and good elementary/middle schools.
The 801/64 crossroads, and to the westerly direction, is sort of rural, though developments are going in (unfortunately ). The OP might not want to be so far from amenities like grocery stores. They'd be pretty darned close to a nuclear power plant, too, if that ever comes to fruition (Duke Power owns 1800 acres only about 3 miles south of 801/64 and is considering an Early Permit application as an initial step in building the reactors http://www.citizen.org/cmep/energy_enviro_nuclear/newnukes/davidson/ (broken link) )

I haven't see mention of Salisbury. Mapquest says its ~19 miles south of Lexington, though you'd have to throw in exact points to get correct mileage. I don't know about the schools, but it is a developing area. It was just recently announced that Home Depot and Kohl's will be part of a new development off Jake Alexander within hopping distance of I-85.

Old 12-13-2007, 03:40 PM

676 posts, read 3,067,632 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by flipster View Post
Clemmons to Lexington would be at least a 30 minute commute. If the Clemmons address is in Davidson county, a tiny bit less. The Arcadia area has many new and existing homes for sale and excellent schools. You are looking at a 20 minute commute to Lexington from the most northern part of Arcadia/Davidson county.
I live in the Arcadia area and it is really close to Lexington and Winston-Salem. I would recommend this side of town for sure - great elementary schools too. I have lived here for 1 1/2 years and I still haven't even gone to Lexington! I do everything in Winston-Salem, but pay less for a peaceful and safe place to raise a family. Lexington city schools turned me off during my search, but our address still comes up Lexington in the Arcadia area and I know it is a really easy drive to get there. I feel like it takes about 15-35 minutes to get to pretty much any place living out in Arcadia.

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 12-13-2007 at 05:56 PM.. Reason: quote fix

Old 12-13-2007, 07:23 PM

16,746 posts, read 8,107,387 times
Take Route 8 south out of Lexington and check out that area. You hit the northern half of High Rock Lake and ther are new developments and lots for sale there
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point