U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 10-21-2006, 08:13 PM

31 posts, read 174,937 times

Advertisements

Is there an area that is better than another for land? We would love to have a few horses but are unsure the areas to look. We don't want to be too far from stores and stuff. My mother in law lives in Winston Salem. Is there any other place we could look that is within an hour from there????? We would like at least 2 or 3 acres.

we also want a place that is liberal. we have adopted children and want to make sure we are in a liberal area that will accept everyone!

Thanks
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-22-2006, 02:58 AM

2,657 posts, read 7,187,536 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by nc2007 View Post
Is there an area that is better than another for land? .... We would like at least 2 or 3 acres.

we also want a place that is liberal. we have adopted children ...
Thanks
Go west on 421 towards the Yadkin Valley. You can find acreage off that route that is still reasonable. The developers haven't yet cast gimlet eyes off to that direction.

Liberal? As in politics or compassion? Politics veer toward conservative, but if you are looking for an accepting attitude towards your kids, that shouldn't be a problem.

Old 10-24-2006, 09:59 PM

26 posts, read 112,332 times
Yadkin County, Davidson County and I'm a little partial to Davie County. These are all great places to raise a family, have a little land and a few horses. There is a gorgeous new home community in Davie County that is designed around the horse lover, beautiful pastures, 4 miles of riding trails, and a lighted riding ring. Email me and I will send you some info on it. Oh, did I mention great schools too?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point