U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-18-2015, 02:33 PM

97 posts, read 191,710 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchswcupk View Post
I have a question for charlotte2advance. Your situation is very similar to what my family is thinking of doing. We are from charlotte and looking to build a house in the kinderton village neighborhood in Bermuda run. What do you think of that neighborhood and what do you think of the BR/Advance area? is Davie and that area around kinderton going to developing retail or things to do?

Kinderton Village is a great little neighborhood in the Town Limits of Bermuda Run (outside the gated communities of Bermuda Run & Bermuda Run West). The elementary schools & middle schools I think are fine...but not many kids in Bermuda Run Gated community where I live go to Davie High. They mostly go to either West Forsyth (#2 rated High School in NC) or to private schools. I would not hesitate to move to Kinderton. We live in the gated portion of Bermuda Run and love it...no crime due to guarded 24hrs a day. I have only lived here for 4 years...but there has not been a home break in since 1978 on our street (the year Bermuda Run opened)...a great feeling.

We love it here...but warning...moving from Charlotte to anywhere in the Triad is like stepping back 100 yrs in Charlotte...but it has everything you need here and most people that move here love the area...NEVER any traffic...you will laugh at the traffic reports when they say it is congested...lol

The schools for Bermuda Run town are....Shady Grove Elementary....Ellis Middle School (those 2 are the BEST in the county)...Davie High...well that is a different story.

Last edited by Charlotte2Advance; 05-18-2015 at 02:49 PM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 05-18-2015, 02:48 PM

4,639 posts, read 4,819,933 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlotte2Advance View Post
Kinderton Village is a great little neighborhood in the Town Limits of Bermuda Run (outside the gated communities of Bermuda Run & Bermuda Run West). The elementary schools & middle schools I think are fine...but not many kids in Bermuda Run Gated community where I live go to Davie High. They mostly go to either West Forsyth (#2 rated High School in NC) or to private schools. I would not hesitate to move to Kinderton. We live in the gated portion of Bermuda Run and love it...no crime due to guarded 24hrs a day. I have only lived here for 4 years...but there has not been a home break in since 1978 on our street (the year Bermuda Run opened)...a great feeling.

We love it here...but warning...moving from Charlotte to anywhere in the Triad is like stepping back 100 yrs in Charlotte...but it has everything you need here and most people that move here love the area...NEVER any traffic...you will laugh at the traffic reports when they say it is congested...lol

Good luck!
Just curious...how do people living in Davie County get permission to send their children to Forsyth County schools? I never knew you could "jump" school district lines that way.

Old 05-18-2015, 02:53 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
Just curious...how do people living in Davie County get permission to send their children to Forsyth County schools? I never knew you could "jump" school district lines that way.

My neighbor got an apartment in Clemmons and does not live there (just needed a Clemmons mailing address) just to send their 3 kids to West Forsyth. Not sure about others...but I know other kids in Bermuda Run that go to West Forsyth. Some poeple also have relatives/friends that probably live in Clemmons and use their address.

fyi...My other neighbor is a teacher at Davie High and both of her kids also go to West Forsyth due to being the #2 rated high school in NC. What does that tell you about Davie High if she teaches there and will not send her own kids there...I have never been to Davie High...it is a long way (25min from Bermuda Run)....West Forsyth is 10 min away.

Of course the new Davie High opening in 2017 will only be about 10 min from Bermuda Run.

Old 05-19-2015, 08:46 PM

6,611 posts, read 6,935,979 times
It's not like stepping back 100 years from Charlotte...living anywhere in the Triad is almost discernable from living anywhere in Charlotte. You could be in Mathews or Kernersville and probably not know the difference.

Old 05-22-2015, 10:33 AM

7 posts, read 6,090 times
The only good thing about Kernersville is it's location. It's very convenient to get to anywhere in the Triad since it's centrally located. The traffic can be absolutely awful though on weekdays. Lots of stop and go and backups.

As far as the town itself, lets just say the only new downtown development is a two story pawn shop. That may tell you the caliber of investment going on in the town. This being built literally across the street from an old gas station that's been abandoned for years. Lots of sweepstakes parlors around town too. I don't know, just not a fan.

Old 06-01-2015, 03:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
It's not like stepping back 100 years from Charlotte...living anywhere in the Triad is almost discernable from living anywhere in Charlotte. You could be in Mathews or Kernersville and probably not know the difference.

I stand corrected. Figure of speech...

Lets be honest though...the Triad is nothing like Charlotte....nothing.

Kernersville/Matthews comparison...are you saying that Kernersville is as built up & popultaed as Matthews? Not even close.

Have a GREAT day! and I LOVE the Triad's smallness & slowness!

I know several people here from Charlotte and they say the same thing...there is NO traffic here...Charlotte is dead stop on all roads & interstates from about 7am - 9am and 4pm - 7pm with many miles back up on I-77, I-85 & I-485 daily Mon-Fri. with no wrecks or rain...then it is a nightmare.

Old 06-01-2015, 04:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by cchswcupk View Post
Wife and I don't have any kids yet so we want good schools but I have a feeling by the time we have kids and high school is in the picture Davie high might have a different picture at that time. Good info to know but our thought is alot can change in 15 years

I doubt much will change in Clemmons in 15 years (it could)...but it has become quite a sought after Upscale Suburb.

PM if you have any questions and want "honest" feed back. The Triad is GREAT...but nothing like Charlotte...so don't come here thinking they are similar...they are not...but you will most likely LOVE it like we do!

Old 06-01-2015, 04:12 PM

6,611 posts, read 6,935,979 times
Quote:
I stand corrected. Figure of speech...

Lets be honest though...the Triad is nothing like Charlotte....nothing.

Kernersville/Matthews comparison...are you saying that Kernersville is as built up & popultaed as Matthews? Not even close.

Have a GREAT day! and I LOVE the Triad's smallness & slowness!

I know several people here from Charlotte and they say the same thing...there is NO traffic here...Charlotte is dead stop on all roads & interstates from about 7am - 9am and 4pm - 7pm with many miles back up on I-77, I-85 & I-485 daily Mon-Fri. with no wrecks or rain...then it is a nightmare.
No, I'm saying the suburbs of the Triad are very similar to the suburbs of any other Piedmont city...it would be hard to tell where you might be if blindfolded and left in the middle of one. Charlotte suburbs are no different from any NC city's suburbs. Matthews and Kernersville are not just alike and I never said they were, but I would dare you to walk through any neighborhood in each town and find a compelling difference between the two.

Saying the suburbs of one is vastly different from the suburbs of another is just dishonest. There is much less traffic in the Triad than Charlotte (a positive) but the suburbs of Kernersville and Matthews are practically the same population with a small downtown and massive sprawl. Davie is a different story...an exurb more like Lincoln or another outlying Charlotte area county.

Old 06-01-2015, 04:24 PM

4,639 posts, read 4,819,933 times
Quote:
Kernersville's population is 23,000, Matthews is 30.000. They're not that different. If Matthews was located in a similar position to K'ville, as opposed to butted up against Charlotte, you wouldn't be able to tell the difference. Matthews seems much bigger and more developed because you can't tell where it ends and Charlotte begins.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point