Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-15-2014, 02:03 PM

2 posts, read 2,132 times

Advertisements

I am looking for someone to work with my son 1 on 1 in basketball over the summer to help him get ready for middle school tryouts the fall. Does anyone know a person in the Winston area (not Greensboro) that offers 1 on 1 sessions and is reputable? I have not had much luck finding someone.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-15-2014, 08:27 PM

63 posts, read 99,631 times
Have you tried reaching out to the coach or assistant coach at the middle school he'll be attending? Most are more than willing to take on summer instruction for a little extra money.

Old 04-16-2014, 08:26 AM

12,799 posts, read 16,338,660 times
Have you thought about a camp? I would think a team environment would be better practice than one on one.

Thought Wake Forest had some, but it looks like they're canceled. Maybe Winston Salem State?

https://camperregsecure.com/wssu/?cmd=ViewAll

http://www.camphanes.org/summer-camp/hot-hoops/

Old 04-16-2014, 03:00 PM

1,727 posts, read 2,425,884 times
Are you willing to travel a little?

https://dukebasketballcamp.net/home.php

Old 04-21-2014, 06:59 AM

2 posts, read 2,132 times
Thanks for the replies. We do camps during the summer but he needs one on one time. The coach at his school would not be the best person for one on one from what I have seen at the games (not the attitude I want my child to pick up). I will keep searching. I know that in a lot of the bigger cities like Raleigh and Charlotte it is easy to find those trainers but I guess it's not so easy in our area. Thanks again for all the replies! I appreciate it!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point