Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 07-28-2014, 10:16 AM

133 posts, read 280,652 times

Advertisements

Hi everybody!

I am looking for more information on Greensboro. I have heard conflicting opinions so far, so thought I'd ask here.

What is the overall "vibe" of the city? A natural lifestyle is very important to our family...access to organic foods, etc.

Is there a thriving arts/crafters scene?

How is crime? A low crime area is at the top of our list, as well. We do not want to feel unsafe or nervous going about our daily business!

Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-28-2014, 07:32 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,960,599 times
Just like any other midsize city in the US, Different areas just have much different vibes, you would have to travel to each to get a good feel, As for crime, it's not pretty but it's not too bad either.

Old 07-29-2014, 12:43 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,118 times
GSOCitizen,

I'll be moving there soon too (for grad school - working on a 2nd masters). I'm a middle-aged woman, single, no children. My likes are pretty much the same as the OP: I'm into natural foods, farmers market, arts, outdoor activities, etc. What areas of town would you recommend I look into for housing this is in the city limits but more rural or older neighborhood (as opposed to urban or new suburban), woodsy, quiet, near biking/walking trails?

Old 07-29-2014, 06:34 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,960,599 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klassyhk View Post
GSOCitizen,

I'll be moving there soon too (for grad school - working on a 2nd masters). I'm a middle-aged woman, single, no children. My likes are pretty much the same as the OP: I'm into natural foods, farmers market, arts, outdoor activities, etc. What areas of town would you recommend I look into for housing this is in the city limits but more rural or older neighborhood (as opposed to urban or new suburban), woodsy, quiet, near biking/walking trails?
Judging on your wish list, (woodsy, quiet)it would be best to look in the Oak ridge area, But Away from the flight path of jetliners or planes in general, You Would also not be too far from the Piedmont Triad Farmers Market aswell, we go there all the time And GSO in general has alot to offer in terms of nature and natural beauty especially the old battle ground: lots of trails, or the bicentennial gardens, Greenway etc.

Also welcome to the area!

Your first two sentences sort of reminds me of a personals add lol.

Old 07-30-2014, 01:29 PM

27,215 posts, read 43,923,184 times
Greensboro has two natural foods grocery stores as well with a Wholes Foods Market and an Earth Fare.

Greensboro Friendly | Whole Foods Market
https://www.earthfare.com/

Old 07-30-2014, 06:58 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Also Deep Roots.

Old 07-31-2014, 07:42 AM

133 posts, read 280,652 times
I can't quite differentiate between Greensboro and W-S! They seem so similar, and are near each other, is that right?

Old 07-31-2014, 12:16 PM

7,331 posts, read 15,386,950 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC77 View Post
I can't quite differentiate between Greensboro and W-S! They seem so similar, and are near each other, is that right?
They do have a lot in common. Have you spent time in both?

Old 07-31-2014, 03:38 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NC77 View Post
It's about a 30 min drive between the two and yes they share many similarities.

Old 07-31-2014, 04:20 PM

2,919 posts, read 2,581,118 times
Default Thanks!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOCitizen View Post
Judging on your wish list, (woodsy, quiet)it would be best to look in the Oak ridge area, But Away from the flight path of jetliners or planes in general, You Would also not be too far from the Piedmont Triad Farmers Market aswell, we go there all the time And GSO in general has alot to offer in terms of nature and natural beauty especially the old battle ground: lots of trails, or the bicentennial gardens, Greenway etc.

Also welcome to the area!

Your first two sentences sort of reminds me of a personals add lol.
Thanks for the friendly welcome! Thanks for the info! I'll look for apartment websites in that area. Reminiscent of a Personal ad? Lol. Btw, do those things even exist anymore? I thought that now everyone sends a selfie of themselves on Facebook, instagram, pinterest, meme, or whatever they call it and go from there.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point