Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 09:20 AM

1 posts, read 8,025 times

Advertisements

Hi! Relocating and purchasing a house in The Meadowlands Golf Community Winston-Salem. Can anyone give me information about the community and the surrounding areas(pros/cons). Thanks.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-29-2008, 01:42 PM

1 posts, read 7,917 times
Default Moving to Meadowlands

My family is also considering a home in the Meadowlands. I'm also looking for info. Having trouble finding any real insights.
I have children & am looking for a very family-friendly community (lots of kids/young families).
Does anyone out there have any thoughts at all????
Thank you !!!!!

Old 02-29-2008, 09:51 PM
JAS

582 posts, read 2,032,374 times
Default Highway 109

Look into the rerouting of Highway 109. I moved out of the area last year, but I knew someone who lived in Meadowlands and he mentioned that Hwy 109 was being rerouted in the near future as part of the widening project. There was a possibility that part of the subdivision would be affected and perhaps that the outer edges of meadowlands could be reclaimed by the DOT.

I recall a DOT website about the project, but it's been over a year since I've seen it. You may want to search for the website or check the status of the Hwy 109 rerouting in taht area.

Apart from that, it seems like a nice subdivision within decent driving distance of W-S or HP.

Old 03-02-2008, 12:10 AM

85 posts, read 426,445 times
Here is the HWY 109 project website.

NCDOT NC109 Improvement: Home

Also Canaan United Methodist Church is great and has a tremendous childrens program.

Canaan United Methodist Church

Old 06-19-2009, 11:55 AM

1 posts, read 7,049 times
My husband and I built a home in Meadowlands and moved in July 2008. We love the community and moved there because we hope to have children in a few years and it is a great family neighborhood. For us, it is a perfect location. My husband works along the HighPoint/ Greensboro border in the Gallimore Dairy/ Peidmont Parkway area and it only takes him about 15 minutes to get to work. I work in downton Winston-Salem and it only takes me about 10 minutes to get to work most days. Some headaches that go along with a new development are ocassionally an issues (landscaping mostly), but that should not last more than a couple more years when the residents will take over the HOA.

Old 01-15-2010, 02:48 PM

1 posts, read 6,474 times
Hi to all above. I have lived in this area for 40 years. My husband went to the elementary school that children of the Meadowlands attend. I will say that this is one of the best places to raise your children, I have two and two grandchildren and we all still live within 5 miles of Meadowlands. A lot of young families (30 to 40) w/children that lived in this area and moved to this development when it was built. It has only been around about 5 to 7 yrs., but was a golf course w/no houses for about 10 yrs. before that. There is a nice club house and pool and also has tennis courts. I think you would really enjoy living there. Also, it is in Davidson County so taxes are low. One drawback is the fact that it is not within the town limits of Wallburg, so you have no vote on anything going on around you, not that anything goes on. There are no major restaurants, and one small grocery chain. Also, the town and county are dry, which means you have to travel to next county to buy beer or wine. Not a big deal, but just inconvenient. The elementary school is across the street from the entrance to Meadowlands and the middle school and high school are within 5 miles also. There is a lot of support for the schools and the athletic teams, many which are state champs for this to be such a small area. We have two NFL players from here that are playing now.

Old 01-13-2011, 01:21 PM

1 posts, read 5,534 times
We relocated here to Meadowlands 4 years ago from up North. This new development is amazing with a great mix of young growing families as well as the older folks like us. We have a wonderful golf course, pool, playgrounds for the kids, tennis courts and a great club house to gather. You can get a lot more house for your $$ here in the Meadowlands residential communities. We are so excited to hear about Caterpillar moving nearby and I believe 2 other large companies that will be locating here in Winston as well. This will be huge for the economy and other development in Wallburg. The low taxes was huge in our decision to move here, as well as the friendliness of the people and convenience to everything the Triad has to offer including airport, shopping, entertainment, universities, sports (new baseball stadium), great hospitals and physicians. Another plus is the 1-hour drive to the mountains and a 3-1/2 to 4 hour drive to the coast. Unfortunately, we will be putting our home on the market next week due to health concerns my husband and I are facing I just cannot say enough good things about the Meadowlands. It's one of the best kept secrets around!

Last edited by immrstigger; 01-13-2011 at 01:35 PM..

Old 01-17-2011, 09:06 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,612,963 times
I was looking forward to a new job in High Point, and we found a home we loved in Meadowlands. Unfortunately, the job didn't work out and we didn't make the move. I love the neighborhood, though that's based on short visits to the subdivision and the home. I'm still trying to find a new job in the Triad, and Meadowlands is our first choice.

Very low property taxes; I like the northeast Davidson County location.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:27 PM

17 posts, read 97,899 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelvee View Post
Very low property taxes; I like the northeast Davidson County location.
I live nearby Wallburg and Northeast Davidson County is one of the best locations in the state all things considered.

Old 01-18-2011, 08:47 PM

1,266 posts, read 2,612,963 times
Somebody find me a decent job and we'll be living in Meadowlands ASAP.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point