Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-09-2014, 05:57 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,504,399 times

Advertisements

I prefer the original to the addition. The detail in the original is spectacular, while the addition you can tell those fine details were omitted.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-09-2014, 08:15 PM

6,152 posts, read 7,143,758 times
The original and addition to Lincoln Financial are great architecturally if they were separate buildings. But together not as great, The color between the two buildings are off and the scale of the widows and color of the window glass is off. I have always had a problem with that. The transition between the two is not the best. I don't know what the architect of the LFG addition was thinking. I would have designed the addition to look as if were constructed with the original in 1923. It shouldn't look like an addition. Separately they are great buildings though.
It is an interesting fact that it would be the tallest if it were in SC.

http://www.emporis.com/images/show/683095-Large.jpg

Last edited by gsoboi78; 10-09-2014 at 08:26 PM..

Old 10-10-2014, 01:36 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,936,789 times
Seems like they are getting started on the next floor at fisher park at green, from what i had seen yesterday, Also anyone notice that the wells fargo tower has it's roof lights back on at the top, downtown looks amazing at night when driving the bridge at west wendover(near carolina lamborghini) and looking to your Right, seeing the city on the horizon.

Old pic but a goody.

Can already see that the Wyndham conference hotel tower is going to have a dramatic effect as an anchor.

and that possible 25 story mixed use will feel that gap over the parking garage.

Old 10-11-2014, 03:32 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOCitizen View Post
Seems like they are getting started on the next floor at fisher park at green, from what i had seen yesterday, Also anyone notice that the wells fargo tower has it's roof lights back on at the top, downtown looks amazing at night when driving the bridge at west wendover(near carolina lamborghini) and looking to your Right, seeing the city on the horizon.

Old pic but a goody.

Can already see that the Wyndham conference hotel tower is going to have a dramatic effect as an anchor.

and that possible 25 story mixed use will feel that gap over the parking garage.
That is a nice view. From a different perspective I also like the views from the traffic circle, Spring Garden St going toward downtown, and Freeman Mill Rd going into town. The latter two I drive by quite regular.

Old 02-06-2015, 06:45 PM

BIG BUMP! And Thread name change. Greensboro Area Development.

Took some pictures of the developments around Downtown, some are taking off while others are still lots. but there is alot of progress all around.

Charles averies new Downtown HQ is starting to rise. funfact: that guy walking his dog is part of this forum. hes from New Jersey, had a good conversation with him. Another fact, it's been 10 years since there was an office building built from the ground up downtown.

alittle Closer

Another angle

Nearly complete lincoln greene in the background, Bellemaede village sit in the foreground

If you're not familiar with Bellemaede village:

http://www.gannett-cdn.com/-mm-/f8d3...OY-CARROLL.jpg

http://downtowngreensboro.net/assets...600-lrg-aa.jpg

Entire project:

http://downtowngreensboro.net/assets...e-5-lrg-cc.jpg

Hotel, Retail, 300 Residential units ,Commercial.

Development along highpoint Road(Gatecity Road) UNCG mass takeover, to extend all the way down to future university square on south elm.

77 mile Beltway loop progress

project:

The black section is already in use.

The Blue section is currently undergoing construction

The Green section will begin sometime around late 2016 through earlly 2017.

Old 02-06-2015, 07:09 PM

6,152 posts, read 7,143,758 times
downtown development looking good!

Old 02-06-2015, 07:18 PM

Performing arts center: (did not know this thread had that many views!)

Old 02-06-2015, 08:42 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOCitizen View Post
BIG BUMP! And Thread name change. Greensboro Area Development.

Took some pictures of the developments around Downtown, some are taking off while others are still lots. but there is alot of progress all around.

Charles averies new Downtown HQ is starting to rise. funfact: that guy walking his dog is part of this forum. hes from New Jersey, had a good conversation with him. Another fact, it's been 10 years since there was an office building built from the ground up downtown.
Not entirely true, the building where Ham's is currently located was built just a few years ago. Unless you are excluding a mixed use office.

Old 02-06-2015, 09:56 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Not entirely true, the building where Ham's is currently located was built just a few years ago. Unless you are excluding a mixed use office.
Mainly a A class office building, and i kind of wish that building was built around the other lowrises towards the ball park.

Old 02-07-2015, 04:18 PM

58 posts, read 98,267 times
I like this thread, thanks for the info and pics. I work downtown and its been fun to watch the development of all these projects over the past few months. There are two you mentioned that I hadn't heard of...

Center Pointe II - care to take a guess of the odds of this being developed? A 25 story high rise sounds far fetched (seems like that would make it the tallest in Greensboro, right?). That said, it would be awesome and you know with Carroll developing it would be first class. But have they even sold all the units in the original Center Pointe?

Building pictured across from Smith Street Diner - is that one a go or just speculation? The ballpark area is really taking off.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point