Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-11-2016, 06:18 PM

7 posts, read 10,080 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
no problem

Also Construction Journal lists Roy Carroll's 561 office/hotel tower to be located at Eugene St and Bellemeade St (opposite corner from Bellemeade Village and across the street from the ballpark). A Downtown Greensboro Inc map also showed this as the location for the tower. Time will tell

link below

Project 561

Here is something I put together which shows what a tower of that height would look like in the two locations likely being scouted for the tower.

GSOBOI, thanks sooooo much for superimposing what the building would look like in the 2 different locations. My first choice is near the stadium but either would be fine....I just think with a building that size it would make downtown look larger if it were not jumbled in with the other buildings. I also hope the actual building resembles what you have rendered. PLEASE send more pictures of this from other angles of downtown. I LOVE IT!!!! Time to build upward Greensboro!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-13-2016, 08:32 AM

1,409 posts, read 1,937,145 times
Aside from Project 561, Bellemeade village is going to do a great job of adding a massive ammount of density to an already explosively growing part of downtown, to create a nice urban fabric, with the greenway apartments, stadium apartments and now the bellemeade superplex,(i made up that word.) Along with the ballpark, it should all look very good when complete,it will also dramatically increase the street presence of that area and make it feel much larger while organically flowing into the Greene street fabric of office buildings. Bellemeade also seems to be pretty tall for what it is, the highest point being 9 stories tall(same height as the south eastern building on Elm but expanded to 4 acres. all in all i hope to see more massive mixed used projects like this in the future.

I still remember back when people were saying bellemeade would never get off the ground, Always remember things comes with time, they just don't go up over night, this goes for any city in NC or pretty much anywhere.

Also i'm liking the build upward comments, Along with project 561 there have been an abundance of proposals for mid/high rise buildings. so it's nice to see the city moving forward with new ideas and proposals rather than seeing dying storefronts and empty sidewalks, which not to long ago was Greensboro.

Old 01-13-2016, 09:12 AM

6,152 posts, read 7,144,847 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneone View Post
GSOBOI, thanks sooooo much for superimposing what the building would look like in the 2 different locations. My first choice is near the stadium but either would be fine....I just think with a building that size it would make downtown look larger if it were not jumbled in with the other buildings. I also hope the actual building resembles what you have rendered. PLEASE send more pictures of this from other angles of downtown. I LOVE IT!!!! Time to build upward Greensboro!
You are welcome

Gsocitizen, I agree that Bellemeade Village is going to add some density. It's going to look great from the ballpark stands

Old 01-15-2016, 05:32 PM

This could be very interesting. Developer Marty Kotis is buying the human services building across from the depot at the corner of East Washington St and South Church St. Marty Kotis is becoming known for redeveloping midtown with restaurants/entertainment and retail but now he's becoming another player for downtown development along with Andy Zimmerman and Roy Carroll. It will be interesting to see what plans he has for the building. It's in a good location across from the depot and what he has planned could bring some life to South Church Street which is a dead zone in terms of street activity. It could also encourage an anchor development on the large News & Record parking lot on the other side of Church Street.

Marty Kotis to buy human services building in downtown Greensboro - Local Business - News-Record.com

Last edited by gsoboi78; 01-15-2016 at 05:52 PM..

Old 01-17-2016, 08:23 AM

More structures rising in LeBauer City Park. This is the market plaza area

Old 01-21-2016, 07:53 PM

In addition to Marty Kotis plans to redevelop a building on South Church Street, developers have been eyeing the entire News & Record property across the street bound by Washington St, Davie St, Market St and Church St. It's a huge piece of real estate that could be ripe for a game changer development, But the News & Record must decide to sell and relocate like news papers have done in uptown Charlotte and downtown Raleigh. In fact the current News & Record building is too large for its staff. A game changer development on this site would be across the street from the depot as well as the planned high-rise Wyndham Luxury hotel.

http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/new...-property.html

Old 01-23-2016, 09:06 PM

I have noticed there has been a lot of activity lately on constructionwire in regards to the planned 12-story Wyndham luxury hotel in downtown Greensboro. Planning/approval was checked off this month. The description lists:

Parking structures / hotels/motels/resorts
new ground up
$43 million
location shows it around Elm and Davie Streets

also listed on constructionwire is the groundbreaking of another downtown hotel in the 1st quarter of 2016. While it doesn't list the name of the hotel, it shows the map location around Mcgee and Greene St so it must be the planned 6-story Hampton Inn & Suites.

Currently a Hyatt Place Hotel, part of Bellemeade Village in downotwn Greensboro is under construction

Search Projects - BuildCentral, Inc.

Old 01-25-2016, 01:11 PM

More updated renderings of Bellemeade Village. The apartment buildings look slightly different from the previous rendering. The Rhino Times says it's being renamed Carroll at Bellemeade. Construction is currently underway.

Old 01-25-2016, 01:29 PM

7,330 posts, read 15,315,647 times
What was wrong with "Bellemeade Village"? I don't know what "Carroll at Bellemeade" means.

Old 01-25-2016, 08:34 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,505,231 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by UnderTheLiveOaks View Post
What was wrong with "Bellemeade Village"? I don't know what "Carroll at Bellemeade" means.
Right?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point