Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 10-10-2014, 07:20 AM

1,266 posts, read 2,629,299 times

Advertisements

Printworks Bistro was an excellent suggestion, thanks again. Had one of the best steaks I've ever eaten. Wife tried mine and was a bit disappointed she ordered Salmon and not the steak. We'll go there again for another special occasion someday.

Will probably try another of those suggested for dinner tonight.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-10-2014, 08:13 AM

1,727 posts, read 2,425,884 times
Excellent! It really is a nice place. Thanks for the report.

Old 10-13-2014, 01:46 PM

The only other meal we ate in Greensboro was at Natty Greene's. I like the brewpub atmosphere, even though I don't drink beer. We just had a salad and a wrap, but they were good. Had a couple of cocktails, which were well made.

Old 10-13-2014, 05:13 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelvee View Post
The only other meal we ate in Greensboro was at Natty Greene's. I like the brewpub atmosphere, even though I don't drink beer. We just had a salad and a wrap, but they were good. Had a couple of cocktails, which were well made.
I was hoping we would see a blog type account of your experience this weekend. Wasn't really a good weekend weather wise to out and about.

Old 10-14-2014, 07:50 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
I was hoping we would see a blog type account of your experience this weekend. Wasn't really a good weekend weather wise to out and about.
lol Sorry!

Better late than never?

Thursday after work, we checked into the B&B in Greensboro and had the excellent meal at Printworks Bistro. Our daughter stayed at home with the pets.

Friday morning, we left at 6:30 (too early for breakfast, so we had to skip the second "B" in "B&B" that day) so we could take our daughter to school. Wife wanted to do some laundry and cleaning (was hard to get in vacation mode staying so close) so she came back home with me. I went into work until 11:00 am (we had just let go two people last week, in a small office, so things were crazy). I had to drive into Greensboro to stop at a work client's office. Did that, then drove back home. We went to lunch in High Point at a local Mexican restaurant (San Luis - it was quite good food with and good service). It was then time to pick up our daughter from school. Daughter's friend picked her up at 5:00 pm to take her to Emerald Isle for the weekend. Wife and I hung around the house until about 9:00 pm (didn't go out to dinner) so we could take the pets out right before then went to sleep. Then we headed back to the B&B and went to bed.

Saturday, we had breakfast at the B&B, then back to the house at 9:00 am to let out the pets and feed them. We drove to Mt. Airy with the dogs. We hoped for a quiet day shopping, not knowing that the Autumn Leaves festival was last weekend. It was packed, so we just visited a couple of shops, had lunch, then headed back home. I did some yard work at home and we headed back to Greensboro about 7:00 pm. Went to Natty Greene's for drinks and dinner, then to the B&B about 9:00 pm and went to bed.

Sunday, we had breakfast at the B&B and checked out about 8:30 am. Went back home to feed the pets and let them out. Daughter came home from the beach later in the afternoon.

If we do this again, we'll board the pets if our daughter isn't home.

Old 10-14-2014, 11:43 AM

You can bring your dogs to The Rock. Petey and Queenie love company.

Old 10-14-2014, 12:35 PM

Austin (white one on the left) takes a while to warm up to everyone; Lacy loves everyone (human and animal).

Old 10-14-2014, 01:04 PM

They are adorable. If I can figure out how to post a pic of my Loved Ones I will.

Old 10-14-2014, 01:22 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sue at the Rock View Post
They are adorable. If I can figure out how to post a pic of my Loved Ones I will.
You can either upload them as an attachment (paper clip icon) by clicking Go Advanced before posting. Or you can link to them from another site by clicking on the picture icon below the paper clip; I often use imgur.com to host pics for message boards.

Old 10-14-2014, 09:05 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,563,298 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by emelvee View Post
lol Sorry!

Better late than never?

Thursday after work, we checked into the B&B in Greensboro and had the excellent meal at Printworks Bistro. Our daughter stayed at home with the pets.

Friday morning, we left at 6:30 (too early for breakfast, so we had to skip the second "B" in "B&B" that day) so we could take our daughter to school. Wife wanted to do some laundry and cleaning (was hard to get in vacation mode staying so close) so she came back home with me. I went into work until 11:00 am (we had just let go two people last week, in a small office, so things were crazy). I had to drive into Greensboro to stop at a work client's office. Did that, then drove back home. We went to lunch in High Point at a local Mexican restaurant (San Luis - it was quite good food with and good service). It was then time to pick up our daughter from school. Daughter's friend picked her up at 5:00 pm to take her to Emerald Isle for the weekend. Wife and I hung around the house until about 9:00 pm (didn't go out to dinner) so we could take the pets out right before then went to sleep. Then we headed back to the B&B and went to bed.

Saturday, we had breakfast at the B&B, then back to the house at 9:00 am to let out the pets and feed them. We drove to Mt. Airy with the dogs. We hoped for a quiet day shopping, not knowing that the Autumn Leaves festival was last weekend. It was packed, so we just visited a couple of shops, had lunch, then headed back home. I did some yard work at home and we headed back to Greensboro about 7:00 pm. Went to Natty Greene's for drinks and dinner, then to the B&B about 9:00 pm and went to bed.

Sunday, we had breakfast at the B&B and checked out about 8:30 am. Went back home to feed the pets and let them out. Daughter came home from the beach later in the afternoon.

If we do this again, we'll board the pets if our daughter isn't home.
Work? Chores? That was the worst vacation I have ever heard! Your daughter had a better vacation!
Next time I'm dropping the dome so you can't escape.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point