U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 11-16-2014, 05:34 PM

825 posts, read 1,020,550 times

Advertisements

This thread is just for information of proposals, planned construction/development, redevelopment, future projects and current construction/construction,redevelopment, going on in the Triad area, Greensboro, Winston Salem, High point, and all of the surrounding areas.

I can't wait to see what all is going on, development wise, because since i work all the time and live in Greensboro, my knowledge on other triad developments are vastly limited.

Instead of having a thread dedicated to certain cities, i wanted to have a Development thread about the whole of the triad.

Last edited by GSOCitizen; 11-16-2014 at 05:38 PM.. Reason: Misspelled word
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 11-18-2014, 08:50 PM

Wow? so nothing at all is going on in the triad..? Not Greensboro, Not Winston, Not high point or anywhere else?... this is starting to become quite bogus how little activity or interests goes on in the triad section. yet even Greenville NC alone has a development thread over 500 pages long...what?

There is just absolutely no excuse for the inactivity.

55 viewers so far, not one post regarding any sort of development in their respective cities or towns.

I'm just about to give up on the Triad Section, I have tried to spark interest in the Current Growth and development happening right now, but no one seems to care.

Old 11-18-2014, 09:28 PM

3,867 posts, read 6,663,842 times
I see no point in this thread when various activities and developments are already being discussed in their own respective threads. Maybe that's why no one responded.

Old 11-19-2014, 02:03 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,313,001 times
I like the idea of the thread, but it needs to be a sticky so it will stay at the top of the triad forum. I had planned to oblige with the park announcement for downtown Greensboro, but I was too slow getting here. I think a thread such as this can make it easier for a person to follow developments around the area.
GSOC, practice what you preach. I'm guessing you have the same access to info as others; take the lead.
Greenville is different because as history has demonstrated several of the W-S posters were only here to belittle and make derogatory comments about Greensboro development. Rather than promote positivity they chose torches and pitchforks.

Old 11-19-2014, 06:38 PM

72 posts, read 115,450 times
Winston-Salem's central library first renderings have been released
Community gets first look at Central Library design concept - Winston-Salem Journal: Local News

An interesting park design that will be the first of its kind here in Winston-Salem
City to get first art-themed public park - Winston-Salem Journal: Local News

Old 11-19-2014, 10:09 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,313,001 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by -.villa.- View Post
Community gets first look at Central Library design concept - Winston-Salem Journal: Local News

An interesting park design that will be the first of its kind here in Winston-Salem
City to get first art-themed public park - Winston-Salem Journal: Local News

Old 11-20-2014, 04:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Now that's what i'm talking about, that is cool! i like the direction W-S is going for with Art, it will litterally be the city of art of the tarheel state

and speaking of parks, The officials Broke Ground on the new LeBauer Park here in GSO, It looks interesting to say the least.

Anyword on the proposed arches that will be on the side of the highway in W-S?

And, how do i get this stickied?

Last edited by GSOCitizen; 11-20-2014 at 04:23 AM..

Old 11-20-2014, 06:04 AM

2,651 posts, read 6,089,977 times
Work is progressing at Hanestowne Village on Stratford Road, the site of the old Hanes plant. Stores will include a Walmart grocery (just what we need...yet another grocery store!), Fleet Feet Sports, L.A. Fitness, and a bank branch, among others.

Old 11-20-2014, 07:36 AM

72 posts, read 115,450 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOCitizen View Post
Now that's what i'm talking about, that is cool! i like the direction W-S is going for with Art, it will litterally be the city of art of the tarheel state

and speaking of parks, The officials Broke Ground on the new LeBauer Park here in GSO, It looks interesting to say the least.

Anyword on the proposed arches that will be on the side of the highway in W-S?

And, how do i get this stickied?
That park is really nice, Im loving the water features. Cities seem to be too scared of those, especially in the triad.

Old 11-20-2014, 09:56 AM

144 posts, read 227,621 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by -.villa.- View Post
Will there be a separate, quarantined zone for the loitering homeless?

Last edited by SunsetMission; 11-20-2014 at 10:11 AM..
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point