U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-09-2016, 12:17 PM

1,486 posts, read 1,695,945 times

Advertisements

Foosball! How great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-09-2016, 05:48 PM

4,580 posts, read 4,401,372 times
The Restaurants are open. ....Center-City Park is a separate park but being across the street from one another it kind of creates one big green urban park. I drove by LeBauer Park this evening and that place was packed with people. There are actually still some final touches that need to be made to the park and it looks like the south lawn of LeBauer Park near the cultural arts center is half finished.

By comparison, Center-City Park is a little more formal with less activities. some photos of Center-City Park across the street

Last edited by gsoboi78; 08-09-2016 at 06:12 PM..

Old 08-09-2016, 06:44 PM

528 posts, read 452,516 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
The Restaurants are open. ....Center-City Park is a separate park but being across the street from one another it kind of creates one big green urban park. I drove by LeBauer Park this evening and that place was packed with people. There are actually still some final touches that need to be made to the park and it looks like the south lawn of LeBauer Park near the cultural arts center is half finished.
Hey man, what would you say are the best restaurants to eat at in Downtown Greensboro?

Old 08-09-2016, 06:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunketsu View Post
Hey man, what would you say are the best restaurants to eat at in Downtown Greensboro?

Here are a few of my favorites

- Natty Greene's

- Blue Denim

- Cheesecakes By Alex

- Dame's Chicken & Waffles

- Mellow Mushroom

-The Sweet Shop (homemade pound cakes)

Old 08-09-2016, 08:14 PM

29,918 posts, read 27,365,450 times
I like the new park...another win for DT Greensboro.

Old 08-10-2016, 06:45 AM

6,800 posts, read 4,438,238 times
Quote:
1618 Downtown
Crafted
Table 16
Undercurrent
B. Christopher's
Liberty Oak

Old 08-10-2016, 11:33 AM

1,309 posts, read 1,232,162 times
Quote:
On top of that, Check out Crafted the art of taco and crafted the art of street food, also a Durham favorite, Dame's Chicken and Waffles(Dame went to UNCG so he added a Greensboro location a few years back)

Old 08-10-2016, 12:23 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,307,608 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrckmtthws View Post
On top of that, Check out Crafted the art of taco and crafted the art of street food, also a Durham favorite, Dame's Chicken and Waffles(Dame went to UNCG so he added a Greensboro location a few years back)
A good thing he is a little bias, love that place!
Li'l Italiano Pizzeria
The Worx
PB & Java
El Nuevo
The Pour House
McCouls Public House
Hibachi
Grey's Tavern

Old 08-10-2016, 05:19 PM

421 posts, read 293,762 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by drrckmtthws View Post
I'm pretty new to town (lived here for about 3 weeks now) and I can attest to Crafted (both of them). I will admit that the Pho at Art of the Street Food didn't quite hit the mark, but the poutine did. As far as the Taco version of Crafted, everything I had there was good.

I can't wait to start working on the other suggestions on this list.

Old 08-10-2016, 08:18 PM

WOW this is amazing! I stopped by LeBauer Park tonight and they have the sculpture lit. I must say as I walked through the park tonight, I felt like I wasn't in Greensboro. Here are some pictures I took.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or