U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-17-2015, 08:14 AM

19,983 posts, read 18,922,177 times

Advertisements

What is a boutique grocer? I think it would be a small store selling premium or specific grocery products to a specific clientele.

I would not consider The Fresh Market and Trader Joe's to be boutique grocers.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-17-2015, 07:21 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,304,056 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
The News and Record reported an upscale grocer, not a boutique grocer.

It seems the Sedgefield trade area is currently served by one supermarket, Harris Teeter #64, Adams Farm, 5710 High Point Road, Greensboro, North Carolina 27407-7031. The store, open 24 hours, has neither pharmacy nor Starbucks. I do not know if Harris Teeter intends to add them to this store, or if it plans on replacing the store.

I wonder if Pilot at Sedgefield would be a site under consideration by Publix. It has not announced any stores in Greensboro and Guilford County yet.

I would be interested in knowing how big the upscale grocer planned for Pilot at Sedgefield will be.
The HT at Adams Farm is undergoing an expansion right now.

Old 01-18-2015, 07:45 AM

Default Harris Teeter #64, Adams Farm, 5710 High Point Road, Greensboro, North Carolina 27407-7031

Harris Teeter #64 is getting a pharmacy and Starbucks in its expansion. It should be a very nice store when its expansion is complete.

Old 01-18-2015, 09:45 AM

4,580 posts, read 4,398,216 times
Quote:
What is a boutique grocer? I think it would be a small store selling premium or specific grocery products to a specific clientele.

I would not consider The Fresh Market and Trader Joe's to be boutique grocers.

Its safe to say this store wont be a Harris Teeter, Food Lion, Lowes or Publix. There really aren't that many options other than Fresh Market or Trader Joe's. But I'm just going by what the Business Journal reported. I'm sure its a site Trader Joe's would highly be interested in. A nice quality development in southern Greensboro with the right demographics, interstate access and close proximity to High Point which in effect would serve both cities.

Old 01-18-2015, 07:06 PM

Looking beyond the Pilot at Sedgefield site, are there any sites in the Sedgefield trade area where Publix could consider opening a store?

Old 01-19-2015, 05:49 AM

Quote:
Looking beyond the Pilot at Sedgefield site, are there any sites in the Sedgefield trade area where Publix could consider opening a store?

I can't think of any off the top of my head but I'm sure the Pilot development will help attract other retail to the area. Down the road a second Publix store in the area wouldn't be out of the question. The grocery chain will be expanding rapidly in North Carolina.

Old 01-21-2015, 02:25 AM

819 posts, read 1,014,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
I can't think of any off the top of my head but I'm sure the Pilot development will help attract other retail to the area. Down the road a second Publix store in the area wouldn't be out of the question. The grocery chain will be expanding rapidly in North Carolina.
so it's going to explode with development like the Elm Eugene area? what with all the new fancy apartment complexes and retail seemingly sprouting up overnight. i always knew that area would explode one day, i predict a partial annexation there aswell because they are seriously running out of room.

Will that happen with this area? Elm Eugene seems to be the definition of Urban Sprawl.

Old 01-21-2015, 05:49 AM

yeah developers will be foaming at the mouth to build new projects at major interstate interchanges. I think Roy Carroll had one time planned a lifestyle center almost as big as Friendly Center at the South Elm-Eugene street. I-85/loop interchange but the residential mass was not there yet.

Old 01-21-2015, 06:36 AM

819 posts, read 1,014,810 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
yeah developers will be foaming at the mouth to build new projects at major interstate interchanges. I think Roy Carroll had one time planned a lifestyle center almost as big as Friendly Center at the South Elm-Eugene street. I-85/loop interchange but the residential mass was not there yet.
and now it is, that area took like a rocket, the apartments are gorgeous aswell.
Infact, i'm thinking a lifestyle center there now could work, even though there is a walmart right down the street, They are just going to keep building apartments, more and more people will move in.

That side of town is about to become a mini wendover. Too bad cone can't follow suit. Cone essentially feels forgotten

Not a development out there since the big box walmart venture.

I remember when elm eugene...was nothing, now it's, it's own little town.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or