U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-16-2015, 10:15 AM

4,580 posts, read 4,395,902 times

Advertisements

Before Pilot Life merged with Jefferson Standard Life to create Jefferson-Pilot 25 years ago, the Pilot Life headquarters was located in a 1920s era building on a 142 acre site. Now the building and property will be redeveloped into a mixed-use complex that would include commercial districts featuring an upscale grocer, boutique-style shops and a hotel developed by others. The site is not that far from Sedgefield Country Club, home of the PGA Wyndham Championship. The development will be located adjacent to the I-73 leg of Greensboro's beltway.

Big project planned for Pilot Life campus - News-Record.com: Business

Last edited by gsoboi78; 01-16-2015 at 10:25 AM..
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-16-2015, 10:26 AM

7,281 posts, read 13,521,972 times
Thank goodness! That's such a cool site.

Old 01-16-2015, 10:45 AM

29,884 posts, read 27,333,728 times
That's a beautiful building.

Old 01-16-2015, 12:16 PM

It is a cool site, there is a pond right in the middle of it and its great to see this developer preserve an iconic historic building. The plan calls for a boutique grocer. The business Journal reports it could be a Fresh Market or a Trader Joe's. Greensboro could get its Trader Joe's after all and the site is the right demographics for one.

Carlsbad, Calif.-based Kisco Senior Living is moving forward with 'Pilot at Sedgfield' project - Greensboro - Triad Business Journal

Old 01-16-2015, 12:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
It is a cool site, there is a pond right in the middle of it and its great to see this developer preserve an iconic historic building. The plan calls for a boutique grocer. The business Journal reports it could be a Fresh Market or a Trader Joe's. Greensboro could get its Trader Joe's after all and the site is the right demographics for one.
That would make a lot of sense. High Point's been pushing for a TJ's too, and this spot would capitalize on some of that while also breaking free from the Friendly Center NIMBYs.

Old 01-16-2015, 02:52 PM

819 posts, read 1,012,615 times
So pretty much, it will be an entirely new area to greensboro? well i ask because of the annexation zoning talk

Old 01-16-2015, 02:58 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOCitizen View Post
So pretty much, it will be an entirely new area to greensboro? well i ask because of the annexation zoning talk
I don't know what you mean by "entirely new area," but that land is just outside of the city limits in an unincorporated area of the county. Sounds like the developers would request that the city annex it, and foot the bill for infrastructure improvements. The city has incentive to do so, as they'll want to share in the tax revenue.

Old 01-16-2015, 04:20 PM

Being right outside the city limits it will pretty much be annexed into greensboro. too much property tax to pass up on and the site iš already connected to greensboro water and sewer

Old 01-16-2015, 06:11 PM

19,983 posts, read 18,915,825 times
Default Upscale Grocer for Pilot at Sedgefield

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post

Carlsbad, Calif.-based Kisco Senior Living is moving forward with 'Pilot at Sedgfield' project - Greensboro - Triad Business Journal
The News and Record reported an upscale grocer, not a boutique grocer.

It seems the Sedgefield trade area is currently served by one supermarket, Harris Teeter #64, Adams Farm, 5710 High Point Road, Greensboro, North Carolina 27407-7031. The store, open 24 hours, has neither pharmacy nor Starbucks. I do not know if Harris Teeter intends to add them to this store, or if it plans on replacing the store.

I wonder if Pilot at Sedgefield would be a site under consideration by Publix. It has not announced any stores in Greensboro and Guilford County yet.

I would be interested in knowing how big the upscale grocer planned for Pilot at Sedgefield will be.

Old 01-16-2015, 07:12 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carolina Knight View Post
The News and Record reported an upscale grocer, not a boutique grocer.

It seems the Sedgefield trade area is currently served by one supermarket, Harris Teeter #64, Adams Farm, 5710 High Point Road, Greensboro, North Carolina 27407-7031. The store, open 24 hours, has neither pharmacy nor Starbucks. I do not know if Harris Teeter intends to add them to this store, or if it plans on replacing the store.

I wonder if Pilot at Sedgefield would be a site under consideration by Publix. It has not announced any stores in Greensboro and Guilford County yet.

I would be interested in knowing how big the upscale grocer planned for Pilot at Sedgefield will be.
The Triad Business Journal says its going to be a boutique grocer and specifically pointed out Trader Joe's or Fresh Market. I doubt we are looking at a Harris Teeter or a Publix with this site. Publix is looking at Friendly Center and Harris Teeter wouldn't be considered upscale or boutique.

Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or