U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-20-2015, 05:32 PM

2,825 posts, read 3,272,293 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpie16 View Post
I will have him focus on north of Burlington. Any specific towns? No offense ljmg47 but from the few posting on the Graham area doesn't seem positive?? Pasture land and lower humidy works! I will keep you posted on what he thought of the area and if an offer is made!!
Well, there are actually no towns north of Burlington in Alamance County, it's mostly countryside. You have Yanceyville close to the Virginia border about 30 minutes from Burlington, but that town is truly "out there."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 05:47 PM

1,486 posts, read 1,698,135 times
Burlington IS a town. So is Graham. I love Graham. I have friends who live and work there.

But if you want land, you won't be in a town. You'll be near one.

The south is humid in summer. It just is. It won't kill ya.

Old 01-27-2015, 05:49 PM

8 posts, read 13,267 times
The interview went well! Now the waiting game....background, reference, credit checks. Hubby liked the area especially Elon and Whitsett. Did not get enough time to check out Graham fully. He said everyone was super friendly!

Old 02-04-2015, 03:00 PM

Still waiting to hear if we got the job. We do know they checked his references!

Old 02-04-2015, 03:13 PM

10,693 posts, read 11,322,485 times
Anywhere in Alamance should have what you're looking for. I'd say south of Burlington is where I'd want to be personally, but I like Chapel Hill and Carrboro more than Greensboro. My kid goes to school in Alamance Co so I have friends all over out there, Graham, Burlington, Mebane, Snow Camp, Eli Whitney, Saxapahaw, Haw River, etc. Elon is pretty cute. Mebane has a cute downtown, too. Plenty of land all over Alamance.

Old 02-16-2015, 05:25 AM

He got the job! So, we drove down for the weekend. I liked it. Especially the sun and rolling hills. We drove all around...Graham, Mebane, W. Burlington, Elon, Whitsett. I liked Graham the best between 87 and 49. Hubby is accepting position today. Start date is March 30. Crazy time! No I need to stop researching the snakes and spiders. Eekk!

Old 02-17-2015, 04:42 AM

1,486 posts, read 1,698,135 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by moonpie16 View Post
He got the job! So, we drove down for the weekend. I liked it. Especially the sun and rolling hills. We drove all around...Graham, Mebane, W. Burlington, Elon, Whitsett. I liked Graham the best between 87 and 49. Hubby is accepting position today. Start date is March 30. Crazy time! No I need to stop researching the snakes and spiders. Eekk!
Yeah, you do! You might want to start packing!

Old 04-04-2018, 04:59 PM

213 posts, read 133,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ljmg47 View Post
Graham is a nice town in Alamance county. We moved here from the north about 5 and a half years ago and really liked the area. It takes 10 minutes or less to get to the hospital and Dr. offices, less than that for library, grocery stores and churches. We live in a townhouse out in the country but there are several subdivisions for larger homes nearby. The Graham Public Library is very well stocked for a small town and the staff is very friendly and helpful.
We were just up in Graham Elon and Southern Burlington this past Saturday riding areas . Found 1 level townhomes we loved in Gibsonville. My husband is from the area and some family there and rest in Cary so we are trying to decide .
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or