U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-19-2015, 05:58 PM

1 posts, read 529 times

Advertisements

Hello all, Would like some suggestions, advice, information from people living in the Triad area. I am thinking of selling my small farm in Ct and relocating a little farther south and giving NC serious consideration. I will be able to telecommute and keep my job, but need to be within about an hour of an airport that I can easily make connections from. I have 2 horses that I would be bringing with me and am interested in reining (I show) and trail riding. My husband has +++ years of master metal fabrication experience and would love to continue working (at least part time). We are looking for a friendly, rural area that has access to some cultural and sporting events. Our housing requirements would most likely focus on the equestrian facilities! (you can tell where my priorities are) Don't need a mansion. Don't need HUGE acreage, Don't need anything fancy! We are simple (but educated) people who have simple tastes. Any information would be greatly appreciated!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-20-2015, 07:20 AM

1,486 posts, read 1,700,825 times
Look at Oak Ridge. It near the airport, and it's gorgeous up there.

You say you like sporting events, so be aware you will have to pick your team!
Tickets for

Old 01-20-2015, 07:51 AM

1,815 posts, read 4,834,973 times
I know there are some good Reining shows at the Senator Bob Martin Eastern Ag Center - NCDA&CS - Markets Division -Sen. Bob Martin, Eastern Ag Center. When visiting my friends in Sanford, we traveled there to attend a show and it's featured on Inside Reining often on RFDTV often. So if you show, you might want to be in commuting distance to Williamston too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point