U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-25-2015, 07:29 PM

550 posts, read 572,890 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Heck even High Point has the only Bentley dealership in the Carolinas. While Greensboro may not quite be ready for the likes of Saks Fifth Avenue, its not a stretch for other upscale retailers coming to Greensboro......also I think Greensboro is LONG overdue for a Cheesecake Factory. We have PF Changs, Ruth Chris Steakhouse and Wolfgang Pucks...what gives?
There is a Bentley dealership in Charlotte, as well.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-26-2015, 04:13 AM

836 posts, read 1,030,850 times
Yep, Bentley of Charlotte, The only City in NC that can truly claim to having the only exclusive exotic dealership sold in the state of NC is Greensboro With Lamborghini, Charlotte has had Bentley for many years, and It's also got a subdivision of foreign cars italia, albeit Very small compared to the one here. Just like concord has a subdivision of Lamborghini carolinas called NC autosports.
Raleigh also has a Bentley dealer/Rolls and they also have a Maserati dealer.

Funfact: About the "all under one roof" Foreign cars italia and their respecters dealers are certified by the automanufactures, meaning they can sell new and used just like a regular single dealer. infact before the "exotic supermall" was built, Ferrari,Aston,Maserati and porsche were supposed to be split up and placed along wendover. but they decided to put them all underone roof, which was a good idea, and build in a area with high traffic to get more sales and "Drive & Out". I asked the manager of FCI(good friend of mine) when we were speaking at Cars & Coffee, apparently the old wendover location was to small and absolutely horrible for buisness. so if you have been in FCI now, you know how magical that place is it's that way for a reason. thus making it one of the biggest and most impressive ways to buy exotic cars in the country, to the likes of Bugatti/lamborghini/ferrari/bentley/rolls royce in new york that follows the same structure a high end automotive supermall.

But yea, anyway back to topic.

i drove by friendly today and asked some questions about was going in cold water,The other tenants, they were pretty tight lipped but big grins.

Last edited by GSOCitizen; 01-26-2015 at 04:22 AM..

Old 01-26-2015, 05:50 AM

4,604 posts, read 4,428,683 times
I've always thought the location of the Lamborghini dealership in Greensboro was odd. Its located at Wendover Ave and Battleground, miles away from the interstate and just where its located is strange considering the establishments around it.

Old 01-26-2015, 09:19 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,333,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
I've always thought the location of the Lamborghini dealership in Greensboro was odd. Its located at Wendover Ave and Battleground, miles away from the interstate and just where its located is strange considering the establishments around it.
Not to mention what a b***h ingress and egress can be.
Before Rolls and Bentley split High Point had both at the same location. The reason there is/was RR/Bentley in High Point is because of the old money.

Old 01-27-2015, 12:43 AM

836 posts, read 1,030,850 times
I happen to like the Lamborghini dealer at the spot, especially at night, Great looking showroom. day or night...though yea, i admit the area does not seem "Suitable" per say.

Old 01-28-2015, 09:03 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,333,482 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOCitizen View Post
I happen to like the Lamborghini dealer at the spot, especially at night, Great looking showroom. day or night...though yea, i admit the area does not seem "Suitable" per say.
It seems to hold it's own there but the lot size is not very conducive for much of a used car inventory.

Old 11-07-2015, 06:34 AM

84 posts, read 121,090 times
The old Ann Taylor space at Shops at Friendly is currently under renovation. The new store will be an upscale women's apparel, accessories, and furniture store called "Soft Surroundings" which is currently only has 30 stores in the U.S. and locates in upscale malls and lifestyle centers. The first stores in the state will be located in Friendly Center and in Charlotte and will open around the same time. Soft Surroundings is a direct competitor with Ann Taylor, so this seems like a natural replacement for the space and seems to be a good upscale addition and fit for Friendly Center. The remaining 1,500 square feet will be filled by another unknown tenant at this time. Soft Surroundings should open sometime in February 2016. This will also be the only Soft Surroundings store in the CBL Properties portfolio of malls and shopping centers.

Also a new 14,000 square foot expansion in Friendly Center should be announced soon to be located between Anthropologie and Whole Foods. The Greensboro Planning and Rezoning board approved the expansion to CBL in October. Again it is unknown at this time what tenant or tenants will be located in this expansion. I would personally would like to see a store like LL Bean. LL Bean stores are in the 14,000 square foot range on average, so I guess its a possibility.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point