Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2015, 08:16 PM

605 posts, read 804,801 times

Advertisements

It's surprising too that there has yet to be a replacement for Coldwater Creek, isn't it?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2015, 10:16 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,561,868 times
Is Coldwater Creek the space that sits on the corner near the main entrance? If so I noticed the place being gutted on a recent visit.

Old 01-24-2015, 10:44 PM

1,409 posts, read 1,960,149 times
I'm wondering why Ann taylor pulled out, that store was very popular. Yet they are keeping their loft store and renovating it.

Old 01-25-2015, 05:21 AM

605 posts, read 804,801 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Is Coldwater Creek the space that sits on the corner near the main entrance? If so I noticed the place being gutted on a recent visit.
What do you mean?

Old 01-25-2015, 05:41 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_Jolie-Pitt View Post
What do you mean?
something different is going there.
Something more High end. jewelry related... Could be anything.

As for Ann Taylor's.... They said they wanted to replace it with something High End and preferably fashion...

Could Greensboro friendly center support a Louis Vuitton? i think so, if it can support so many high end dealerships, it can support high end retail.. Don't hold me to that though.

if not LV atleast a Porsche Design, juicy couture or something else, One thing i do know about lululemon, is they only go to places where there is Money to be made... aka, Southpark...Southpoint in durham...north hills in raleigh, and now Friendly in Greensboro.

Last edited by YinXyang; 01-25-2015 at 05:58 AM..

Old 01-25-2015, 09:26 AM

6,157 posts, read 7,223,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOCitizen View Post
something different is going there.
Something more High end. jewelry related... Could be anything.

As for Ann Taylor's.... They said they wanted to replace it with something High End and preferably fashion...

Could Greensboro friendly center support a Louis Vuitton? i think so.
Its certainly a possibility. There are locations in Charlotte and Raleigh and Greensboro already has high end stores like Brooks Brothers.

Old 01-25-2015, 10:11 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,561,868 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyler_Jolie-Pitt View Post
What do you mean?
Gutted- as in renovating for a new tenant.

Old 01-25-2015, 12:36 PM

85 posts, read 168,184 times
The old Coldwater Creek space is being split into two separate retail units. Lululemon Athletica will take up 3,000 square feet and the remaining space which is approx. 2,300 square feet will have a different tenant which is unknown to me at this time.

As far as Ann Taylor goes I have heard that they were outbid by another potential tenant(s) for their space when their lease came up. I guess they would not or could not compete with this other retailer(s) and therefore decided to just invest in their Loft store at Friendly Center and renovate and upgrade that store.

Also I think it very possible if not likely that Michael Kors will locate in one of these vacant spaces by Lululemon or the Ann Taylor space. They are opening 40 more stores in the U.S. this year and are one of the fastest growing retailers out there. Louis Vuitton might be a bit of a stretch but anything is possible I suppose.

Old 01-25-2015, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by yinzer2 View Post
The old Coldwater Creek space is being split into two separate retail units. Lululemon Athletica will take up 3,000 square feet and the remaining space which is approx. 2,300 square feet will have a different tenant which is unknown to me at this time.

As far as Ann Taylor goes I have heard that they were outbid by another potential tenant(s) for their space when their lease came up. I guess they would not or could not compete with this other retailer(s) and therefore decided to just invest in their Loft store at Friendly Center and renovate and upgrade that store.

Also I think it very possible if not likely that Michael Kors will locate in one of these vacant spaces by Lululemon or the Ann Taylor space. They are opening 40 more stores in the U.S. this year and are one of the fastest growing retailers out there. Louis Vuitton might be a bit of a stretch but anything is possible I suppose.
People also said Ferrari and Lamborghini in greensboro was a bit of a stretch at the time, but look at them now lol, anything is possible if you strive for it.

Greensboro Could definitely support LV, and it would be an extremely popular store at friendly, they could definitely support it. shame about Ann Taylor, that place was pretty popular but shame they were outbid. As it seems,Friendly is definitely a up and coming high end hot spot for upscale retail.

Old 01-25-2015, 03:03 PM

6,157 posts, read 7,223,297 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by GSOCitizen View Post
People also said Ferrari and Lamborghini in greensboro was a bit of a stretch at the time, but look at them now lol, anything is possible if you strive for it.

Greensboro Could definitely support LV, and it would be an extremely popular store at friendly, they could definitely support it. shame about Ann Taylor, that place was pretty popular but shame they were outbid. As it seems,Friendly is definitely a up and coming high end hot spot for upscale retail.
Heck even High Point has the only Bentley dealership in the Carolinas. While Greensboro may not quite be ready for the likes of Saks Fifth Avenue, its not a stretch for other upscale retailers coming to Greensboro......also I think Greensboro is LONG overdue for a Cheesecake Factory. We have PF Changs, Ruth Chris Steakhouse and Wolfgang Pucks...what gives?
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point