U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-27-2015, 01:48 PM

42 posts, read 72,191 times

Advertisements

Sue: Thank you for reinforcing what dawg said about Park South.

You all have been great to give me an idea of what is out there. I do appreciate your help.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-27-2015, 02:12 PM

Mr. Rational: Please accept my apology for my wise-acre response. It sounded (when I first read it) a bit sarcastic. I have re-read it and looked at the sites you gave me in my earlier post. Very helpful. Thank you.

Old 01-28-2015, 01:43 PM

1 posts, read 1,255 times
Jeb41542,

My mother is the same age and situation as you so I am compelled to create an account and reply. I am doing alot of the same research, eventhough I have been here three years. I can definitely recommend Robbinhood rd area to the north of Winston and an apartment complex called Stafford Place to the south of Winston.

RE: Winston: in General, I concur on the west/northwest being the best situation for you as that is where I will be putting my own mother. One valuable resource for your piece of mind is the following link. You can search crime reports for an area based on address and zip code. You will very quickly make your own conclusions as to which areas of town to avoid.

[url=http://www.winston-salem-crime.com/]Winston Salem Crime - Crime reports for Winston-Salem, NC[/url]

Best of luck

Old 01-28-2015, 03:01 PM

jhenry01: Thank you for your suggestions. It means a lot that you wrote. Thank you. I will check those sites out.

Old 01-29-2015, 10:34 AM

3 posts, read 2,637 times
JEB41542,

Take a look at Hampton Corners apartments in Clemmons. My husband recently got transferred to WS and is leasing an apt until we buy a house. We love Clemmons! It's nice, quiet and safe. It has the feel of a small town but has all of the shopping and conveniences you would find in a larger area. Hampton Corners Apartments is in a great location to everything and most importantly, seems extremely safe. He's been there since October and has absolutely no complaints.

Best of luck to you. I hope you find exactly what you are looking for.

Old 01-30-2015, 06:34 PM

Default Hello

Elise,
Thank you for your response. I looked at them (as much as possible on line) through apartmentguide and noted they are lovely and appreciate the idea they are relatively safe.
However, I'm retired on a fixed income and hoping to find some either lower in rent cost or rent includes some utilities.
I have no idea what the utilities cost there. Not sure how to look those up. I'm looking for a one-bedroom.

Thank you for your kind wishes.

I wish the same for you and your husband.

Old 02-10-2015, 08:47 AM

1 posts, read 1,111 times
I am actively seeking another home in Greensboro yet my mom lives in a small great area in Winston Salem... Polo Oaks. Lovely condos.. Very well made as well as kept up. They are Off Polo Rd in WS. I need to live in GSO ..wish I could find something there that was as nice! Im "almost" a Realtor ... In GSO...I would steer you to Kings Arms near Banking Street.

Old 02-10-2015, 03:18 PM

Default Polo Oaks

Thank you for your recommendation.

I will not be purchasing a home of any kind. I am retired, fixed income renter.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or