U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-08-2008, 01:09 PM

4 posts, read 16,788 times

Advertisements

My husband and I are thinking of relocating around the Greensboro area, we don't want to be in the city but in a close surrounding areas so we can commute for work. We have never been to NC except to drive through so we know nothing of the areas. What are the good surrounding areas to look into? We want decent land, at least an acre but don't want too long of a commute to work. We found some nice houses in Reidsville and Pleasant Garden - any thoughts on these areas and any other good areas?? Good/Bad things on these areas?

Thanks!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-08-2008, 08:07 PM

525 posts, read 1,925,695 times
Reidsville is N of gsbo, Pleasant Garden is south. Both are nice areas but the commute is longer from Reidsville. Are you trying to avoid the city? Colfax, Brown Summit, Gibsonville, Oak Ridge, Summerfield, Whitsett... all sorts of areas around the town. It will all depend on where you are working and how long a commute you want. Oh and how much you want to spend, of course.

Good luck!

Old 01-09-2008, 06:19 AM

Thanks! Yes, we want to stay a little out of the city. We live in a pretty small town now and like it. How far of a commute is it from Reidsville?

Thanks again

Old 01-09-2008, 07:50 AM

525 posts, read 1,925,695 times
Reidsville proper is only about 30 mins, just depends on where you are in Rockingham County. If you need to be closer to Greensboro, might I suggest an area like Gibsonville or Brown Summit, or at least somewhere in Guilford County so you will be closer to "town." Pleasant Garden or anywhere south would be fine, even down into Randolph county.

Old 01-09-2008, 09:23 AM

7,088 posts, read 13,053,872 times
You might also want to look East, in Elon college, a short commute, Graham, south of the interstate, or if a 30 min commute isn't too long Mebane, Efland and Hillsborough are a bit farther away but Efland is rural, Hillsborough is quaint,

Old 01-09-2008, 09:59 AM

Thanks! What about areas to stay away from?

Old 01-09-2008, 10:11 AM

1,261 posts, read 3,898,625 times
I've lived in Pleasant Garden a couple times. Great town.

Old 01-09-2008, 05:57 PM

7,088 posts, read 13,053,872 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by duranfl View Post
Thanks! What about areas to stay away from?
I'd suggest Central Prison in Raleigh, or John Umstead Hospital (the state Macadamia Ranch.) Oh yeah, then there is Smithfield, back when I was in college we had to go through Smithfield to reach the coast. Smithfield had this big billboard on the edge of town it read "Welcome to Smithfield, This is Klan Country" I never have felt good about being close to Smithfield, and I know that idiocy is not contageous, but it can be dangerous.

Old 09-09-2010, 03:05 PM

1 posts, read 2,290 times
Want to move to Guilford county, but where? I currently attend GTCC in Jamestown

Old 09-13-2010, 08:05 PM

2 posts, read 3,598 times
hello all. i am currently interested in moving to NC. im not really sure where would be good place for my family to move to. I have a soon to be 5 yr old and a 2 1/2 yr old. we need a fresh new start and i think nc is just what we need. suggestions please
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point