Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 02-20-2015, 08:35 AM

37 posts, read 85,680 times

Advertisements

Hubby and I thinking about moving from rural upstate NY to North Carolina. We are retired; early-mid 60's. We would be selling our house here and looking for an apartment there. We've heard good things about Burlington and we like its size and location between Durham and Greensboro (both of which seem too big for us). Mainly we're looking for safe, clean, not TOO close to a big interstate, not noisy, and with a really good (spacious) kitchen, either 2 or 3 bedroom, nice amenities, washer/dryer IN apartment, pet friendly. Can you recommend an apartment complex that might be a good fit for us?

We have looked into purchasing in 55+ communities in other areas of the state but they look kind of stodgy, with too many restrictions and HOA fees and regulations, (and too many old people!) so I am thinking that a 55+ place might not be our cup of tea -- we don't want to get old before our time!

Can you help?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 02-20-2015, 10:18 AM

9,779 posts, read 15,790,796 times
I think you might do better asking on the Greensboro board. Burlington is really considered part of that region rather than the Triangle, and I'm not sure that anyone on this board lives in Burlington to know apartment complexes there. Good luck!

Old 02-20-2015, 11:01 AM

Thanks!

Old 02-20-2015, 11:13 AM

Wait a minute! At the top of my screen it says "Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point." Is there another Greensboro board? I'm confused!

Old 02-20-2015, 11:26 AM

1,243 posts, read 2,239,392 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by michgc View Post
I think you might do better asking on the Greensboro board. Burlington is really considered part of that region rather than the Triangle, and I'm not sure that anyone on this board lives in Burlington to know apartment complexes there. Good luck!
This is the right forum. He posted on Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area.

Old 02-20-2015, 11:31 AM

4,639 posts, read 6,382,360 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Always Wondering View Post
Wait a minute! At the top of my screen it says "Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point." Is there another Greensboro board? I'm confused!
The moderators moved it to the correct board for you.

Old 02-21-2015, 11:40 AM

149 posts, read 250,700 times
You really need to look around down here. Almost all the apartments are near the interstate in Burlington. In fact, most of Burlington is near the interstate. It is basically a long thin town that sits astride 40/85. It's the exact opposite of rural upstate NY. (I'm from dewitt, outside syracuse). Burlington is basically a series of highway exits.

Greensboro is basically a town with many different communities. So don't judge it by just its population numbers.
I think you would like the area between North Battle ground, Lake Brandt Road and North Lawndale. There are many apartments in this area, It's near parks, convenient to shopping, and it's relatively safe (low crime).

If you want more rural. Check out Oakridge or Stokesdale.

Old 02-25-2015, 07:02 AM

Smile Thanks

Thank you, booney 56!

We are planning a trip down that way in the spring, so I'll definitely keep those recommendations in mind!

Old 03-29-2015, 07:21 AM

Anybody know anything about the apartment complex, The Park at Oak Ridge? Visited the website and I love what I see, but would appreciate input!

Old 03-29-2015, 12:00 PM

149 posts, read 250,700 times
Great area. You are very close to a nice shopping center, and close to Bryan Blvd, which means you can easily get to a lot of places in Greensboro. It's a very safe area.

You are very close to the airport. I'd park my car and walk around a little bit to make sure you are okay with the noise from planes.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point