U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 03-10-2015, 03:07 PM

7,279 posts, read 13,532,516 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by BK2NC View Post
Good advice. I work in the area so, I have some sense of the neighborhoods and what we'd like to be close to and what we'd like to avoid. We've been in NC for 6mos and have rented that whole time. I can't take it much longer, lol. I need my own space. When we found Ardmore, it was like coming home. I think this is the place for us. We looked at West End and while the houses are beautiful, they are also enormously expensive. As for Washington Park, it would probably be just as good a fit if we didn't have to think about schools. Apparently, the schools in that neighborhood are less than desirable. We haven't been drawn to West Salem, but it's something to think about.
Ah, right on. Didn't realize you were already local.

If schools were an issue for you with Washington Park, they're probably an issue in West Salem, too. Most of Ardmore is zoned for either Brunson, Bolton, or Moore, I think (on the elementary level). Brunson is generally the highest rated of the three, if you track that sort of thing. It's where the West End kids go (if they go public, that is), and also in a zone with Whitaker, which is one of the best elementary schools in the city. (Here's that zone map.)

And yeah, West End is pricey.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 03-06-2017, 06:46 AM

2 posts, read 1,168 times
Default * HELP : I need a list of specific apartments,streets to avoid in Ardmore

As I am not from there,please don't 'say' "'West of ----" or things like that....Every town has areas that 'locals' know to avoid.... Can someone e-mail me at "dawnettlanson0728@hotmail.com" a specific list of areas to AVOID in Ardmore and areas that are the safest* ASAP-PLEASE*....THANK YOU!

Old 03-06-2017, 07:10 AM

6,800 posts, read 4,450,910 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dawnett View Post
As I am not from there,please don't 'say' "'West of ----" or things like that....Every town has areas that 'locals' know to avoid.... Can someone e-mail me at "dawnettlanson0728@hotmail.com" a specific list of areas to AVOID in Ardmore and areas that are the safest* ASAP-PLEASE*....THANK YOU!
Did you read the thread? Doing so, and a quick glance at Google maps will give you all the information you need.

Old 03-06-2017, 07:15 AM

28,508 posts, read 62,217,072 times
I think she wants Ardmore Oklahoma
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ardmore,_Oklahoma

yet another example of a newbie opening an old thread
that really isn't even suitable to their inquiry

Old 03-06-2017, 06:49 PM

2,918 posts, read 2,020,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
I think she wants Ardmore Oklahoma
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ardmore,_Oklahoma

yet another example of a newbie opening an old thread
that really isn't even suitable to their inquiry
Be that as it may, I enjoy reading the perspectives of people here concerning the nuances of certain neighborhoods. Despite the misunderstanding of which Ardmore OP was referring to, I don't think the thread was in vain. It can also provide some helpful information to someone else, besides the OP, who is also looking at relocating to the Ardmore neighborhood, or simply make for some interesting reading about the area for people browsing the forum.

Last edited by Jowel; 03-06-2017 at 07:21 PM..

Old 03-07-2017, 04:35 AM

28,508 posts, read 62,217,072 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jowel View Post
or simply make for some interesting reading about the area for people browsing the forum.
Huh? Do you equate closing old threads with not being able to read them?

Old 03-07-2017, 04:36 PM

2,918 posts, read 2,020,323 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRational View Post
Huh? Do you equate closing old threads with not being able to read them?
I see what you're saying. I misunderstood this. I was thinking the OP from back in 2015 was referring to Ardmore, Oklahoma; not someone who just posted yesterday.

My thinking was that, if the OP (back in 2015) meant for her question to be about Ardmore, Oklahoma, not Ardmore in Winston-Salem, it was still helpful and enlightening to see the discussion with some personal perspectives about the area.

Old 02-27-2018, 05:39 PM

4 posts, read 2,888 times
I grew up in Ardmore and there are no "bad" area's of Ardmore. This area of the city is nice. Anyone that talks about crime in Ardmore must have never been there. LOL

Old 03-03-2018, 04:44 AM

72 posts, read 105,534 times
I agree it's as safe as Buena Vista or West End. The fact of the matter is people are going to try to break in no matter where you live.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point