U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 05-01-2017, 06:19 AM

6,800 posts, read 4,440,860 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jess69 View Post
Hi Jowel

Yea you probably right.

I guess the whole move, I currently love in New York and Greensboro and New York
is like night and day. My husband is relocating for work and I don't know if we should buy or rent. I've live in an apt all my life, so looking for a house it overwhelming. Trying to figure out the best areas, and schools. My son will be a 10 grader when we move and I'm just so worried.
Renting for 6 to 12 months would definitely be my suggestion. It gives you a chance to feel out the area and decide where you want to be long term. The nicest areas of G'boro are the west and northwest areas. Lots of good neighborhoods and schools. Further out, Summerfield, Oak Ridge and Stokesdale are nice, and sort of semi-rural. It depends on the type of living you are looking for. Some good high schools are Grimsley, Northwest Guilford and Northern Guilford. A visit and drive around with a knowledgeable realtor would help you, I think.

Also, read through the threads linked to in the second post on this thread.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or