U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 01-24-2007, 05:15 PM

699 posts, read 2,342,590 times

Advertisements

There are a ton of apartments around the UNCG campus, which is +-10 blocks or so from downtown Greensboro. The area is fairly affordable and there is a lot of foot traffic - many students don't have cars. There are many restaurants/bars/etc that are walkable as well. Winston Salem has a great downtown and is only gonna get better, with several developments in progress or proposed and a lively arts district. Nissen Apartments are fabulous...nice views, new interiors, historic building, etc...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 01-24-2007, 05:57 PM

26 posts, read 87,151 times
Default How About a Bus?

There is very easy bus travel all over Greensboro....you can live about anywhere and get about anywhere by bus
There are several restaurant/bars popping up in downtown Greensboro
but I wouldn't walk those streets by myself at night
the museum is downtown also and a huge Public Library
Fisher Park is real close to downtown -yet has remained well preserved..I'd feel safe there
we recently checked out the area near UNCG...tons of apartments in big old houses..walking distance to everything including Yum Yum...best hot dogs and homemade ice cream you can find anywhere...average rent was like $600 a month in that area
I'm assuming you're rather young....Spring Garden, Tate St,,, lead right into downtown..and the area is packed with college students
Guilford College Area..apts ,town homes, condos galore...great area ...just guessing that rent on a two bedroom place would be say about $800 max
and you can walk to anything and everything you need or ride a bus
There's also this new highrise apt place across from Cone Hospital at the edge of downtown=going North down Elm St..there are lots of boarding house/apt types and at the corner of Elm and Cornwallis is the Golden Gate shopping center-walking or bus distance to anything you need-the adjoining neighborhood Irving Park is where one might live after winning the lottery..
Further Northeast you have A&T University, tons of apartments, etc...in the lower income range and a very wide mix of people,and living styles.
you did not say what sort of work you do, or if you are a student, or what you might be looking for along those lines..whatever it might be, there's probably a bus at 7am to take you there
For more info give me some more specific details.. you can e-mail me if you want
My previous job and my current job require that I have geographical knowledge of many areas in NC/VA...I am not in anyway associated with real estate though
one more tidbit...at the bus depot in downtown Greensboro in the warmer weather they used to have "Friday at 5" where bands play and folks just gather to meet other folks..I don't know if they still do that or not -the News and Record, and Family and Children's services are across the street from the Depot

Old 01-24-2007, 07:38 PM

3,675 posts, read 7,847,941 times
I still don't think it's as easy to get around without a car in Greensboro unless you live in UNCG/Downtown areas.

Old 02-05-2007, 06:36 PM

3 posts, read 11,773 times
Default Idiot Box

Downtown there is a great comedy club that is near all the bars. Its called the Idiot Box... www.idiotboxers.com I love to go there the performers are halirous and it is good clean fun.... sometimes a little dirty at the later shows. Fun for a first date or to bring a lot of friends. The people who work there are nice too.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point