U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Search Forums  (Advanced)
Reply Start New Thread
 
Old 04-11-2015, 08:35 PM
 
12,577 posts, read 13,333,482 times
Reputation: 8901

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gvlscrkeva View Post
Nice! Thank you all for these suggestions! Quick question...is parking free in downtown Greensboro?
Parking downtown is free after 6pm weekdays and all day for weekends/ city holidays. Parking decks not included.
There are three privately owned pay lots that I know that are NOT free, ever.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

 
Old 04-12-2015, 07:05 AM
 
Location: Southport
4,639 posts, read 4,829,376 times
Reputation: 3422
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Parking downtown is free after 6pm weekdays and all day for weekends/ city holidays. Parking decks not included.
Not quite...

"The City of Greensboro has four City-owned parking decks located in the Central Business District. The first hour of parking is free. After the first hour, the rate is 75 cents per hour with a maximum daily rate of $7. Parking is free after 6 pm entry until 9 pm. After 9 pm, there is a $2 flat rate per entry until 3 am."

http://www.greensboro-nc.gov/index.aspx?page=2056
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2015, 03:59 PM
 
12,577 posts, read 13,333,482 times
Reputation: 8901
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
Not quite...

"The City of Greensboro has four City-owned parking decks located in the Central Business District. The first hour of parking is free. After the first hour, the rate is 75 cents per hour with a maximum daily rate of $7. Parking is free after 6 pm entry until 9 pm. After 9 pm, there is a $2 flat rate per entry until 3 am."

http://www.greensboro-nc.gov/index.aspx?page=2056
I said parking decks not included.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2015, 04:38 PM
 
Location: Southport
4,639 posts, read 4,829,376 times
Reputation: 3422
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
I said parking decks not included.
Yeah, I can read. And as you can read, parking decks are included, within certain parameters.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-12-2015, 08:23 PM
 
12,577 posts, read 13,333,482 times
Reputation: 8901
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
Yeah, I can read. And as you can read, parking decks are included, within certain parameters.
Then you went ahead and disputed it anyway. Parking decks are not included under the guideline I posted and stating otherwise would have given wrong information to the OP.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2015, 04:10 AM
 
Location: Southport
4,639 posts, read 4,829,376 times
Reputation: 3422
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
Then you went ahead and disputed it anyway. Parking decks are not included under the guideline I posted and stating otherwise would have given wrong information to the OP.
If you enter a deck between 6:00 and 9:00 PM, its free. Relatively easy to give the OP the full information, as I had done previously.

You did give the OP wrong information, by implying decks were never free.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
 
Old 04-13-2015, 05:36 AM
 
58 posts, read 78,078 times
Reputation: 35
Attractions:
Greensboro Science Center
Elsewhere
Triad Stage if a show is running
Greensboro Grasshoppers (minor league baseball located downtown)

Restaurants:
Crafted: Art of the Taco (my favorite but usually there is a pretty long wait)
Natty Greene's - solid place, centrally located downtown, decent food and great beer
Lucky 32 - southern cuisine, slightly higher end

Nature walks:
I'd check out the lake trails at Bur Mil for some nature walks
Also the arboretum or Tanger Family Gardens both have a nice blend of urban/nature
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.


Reply
Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply
Message:



Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
Similar Threads
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or

All times are GMT -6.

2005-2019, Advameg, Inc. · Please obey Forum Rules · Terms of Use and Privacy Policy · Bug Bounty

City-Data.com - Archive 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, 11, 12, 13, 14, 15, 16, 17, 18, 19, 20, 21, 22, 23, 24, 25, 26, 27, 28, 29, 30, 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 - Top