U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-18-2016, 01:33 PM

1,255 posts, read 2,103,476 times

Advertisements

Novant seeks OK to build inpatient rehab hospital
It would replace Novant's current facility on Silas Creek Pkwy. "The proposed facility would serve patients who have experienced a stroke, trauma, brain injury, complex orthopedic conditions, as well as other major illnesses or injuries."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-03-2016, 12:23 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,302,282 times
And another in the alleged favorite city of the owner:
http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/blo...nce-again.html

Old 08-17-2016, 09:04 AM

302 posts, read 536,849 times
Look, TarheelJ, more proof for the doubters:

http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/new...wn-office.html

Instead of just saying Pike is moving front office/war room jobs from MA to W-S, the TBJ uses the lollipop to get the reader to click by not really revealing to which city it refers. Again, it's the downtown "Triad"....

Old 08-17-2016, 11:17 AM

29,881 posts, read 27,333,728 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by BC1960 View Post
Oh, look at this...an article Greensboro that doesn't have Greensboro in the title. Hmm, looks like another myth is dead.

http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/blo...535&j=75305212
Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
And another in the alleged favorite city of the owner:
http://www.bizjournals.com/triad/blo...nce-again.html
When it comes to stories about DT Winston-Salem, do the headlines mention the city by name? If so, then it looks like any reference to "downtown" without specifying a city is automatically about Greensboro, which would lend credence to the point Joe is making.

Old 08-17-2016, 02:46 PM

6,800 posts, read 4,429,472 times
Default Whitaker Park Redevelopment Moves Forward

From the Winston-Salem Journal:

The Whitaker Park Development Authority won an agreement with the city that moves forward the creation of a business park.

The agreement with Whitaker Park Development Authority, or WPDA as it’s known by the city, puts in the capstone on an arrangement in the works for months, with the authority carrying out development of an industrial site being donated by R.J. Reynolds Tobacco Co.

WDPA will take ownership of the site in January 2017, said Bob Leak, the president of Winston-Salem Business Inc. one of the founding members of WDPA, which is a nonprofit group. Others in the group are Wake Forest University and the Winston-Salem Alliance.

Although WDPA has begun some marketing of the Whitaker Park properties, Leak said major efforts to find a tenant won’t start until the authority gets control of the property and is in a position to do renovations to match a suitable tenant.

“The strategy is to see what the client needs before we do any significant redevelopment,” Leak said.

The vote was unanimous on the council to approve the contract with WDPA.

In early 2015, RJR announced that it would donate most of its Whitaker Park manufacturing complex for industrial development, although the tobacco company will keep a central section of the property. The land to be donated includes 1.7 million square feet of building space with a tax valuation of more than $30 million, according to city records.

Forsyth County is contributing a maximum of $2.3 million for public infrastructure on the property, while the city is providing a $2 million loan and $2 million in other asistance: $1 million for buying right-of-way from the authority for utilities, and $1 million for installing utilities.

Old 08-17-2016, 05:44 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,302,282 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mutiny77 View Post
When it comes to stories about DT Winston-Salem, do the headlines mention the city by name? If so, then it looks like any reference to "downtown" without specifying a city is automatically about Greensboro, which would lend credence to the point Joe is making.
I don't, I read on and get the story. Must be your subconscious. FTR, click bait titles (all of them) are an annoyance, IMO.

Old 09-07-2016, 09:00 AM

4,580 posts, read 4,395,902 times
Looks like the process of construction bidding has begun for the planned Hampton Inn and Suites in downtown Winston-Salem. Because of the nature of my job, I was able to see full rendrings and architectural plans for the hotel. I was not impressed at all. It looks like CN Hotels have taken a suburban Hampton Inn and plopped it downtown. Like the one planned for Downtown Greensboro, it will be 6 stories, however the design for the one in Greensboro looks more urban and fitting in a downtown landscape. Dont know why CN Hotels went with a more suburban design for Winston-Salem.

Old 09-07-2016, 12:05 PM

Having difficulty finding confirmation online, but Red Robin is coming to an outparcel at Hanes Mall. They've pulled a permit at 188 Hanes Mall Circle. Between Texas Roadhouse and BJ's Brewhouse, I think?

Also, Cities restaurant on S. Stratford Rd has apparently filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Cities is close to my work, so I go there quite a bit. I like it as an alternative to Village Tavern since Cities is not busy as lunch. Cities seems to do ok at dinner, though.

Old 09-07-2016, 12:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Looks like the process of construction bidding has begun for the planned Hampton Inn and Suites in downtown Winston-Salem. Because of the nature of my job, I was able to see full rendrings and architectural plans for the hotel. I was not impressed at all. It looks like CN Hotels have taken a suburban Hampton Inn and plopped it downtown. Like the one planned for Downtown Greensboro, it will be 6 stories, however the design for the one in Greensboro looks more urban and fitting in a downtown landscape. Dont know why CN Hotels went with a more suburban design for Winston-Salem.
Too bad they aren't being more creative with the design. Where will the Hampton Inn be located?

On a related note, we loved our stay at the Kimpton Cardinal Hotel - wife and I stayed there last weekend and hung around downtown. They did a great job with the building. Apparently they have been doing quite well with the occupancy rates. Hopefully this continues once Hotel Indigo opens.

Old 09-07-2016, 01:42 PM

4,580 posts, read 4,395,902 times
It will be located on North Cherry St
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or