U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 09-14-2016, 12:41 PM

29,944 posts, read 27,396,115 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
Oh okay...all I read was that the city needed a downtown "sports and entertainment area". I wasn't sure what you meant. Are you talking about an arena - like the LJVM Coliseum? It's not downtown, but there isn't honestly a good spot for one downtown at this point...it would have to take out a lot of buildings.
It looks like the two blocks bounded by N. Main, 5th, 6th, and N. Chestnut might be a good option. There appears to be nothing but surface parking there (unless some other developments are planned for those lots) and parking structures could be built on surrounding surface lots.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 10-05-2016, 01:36 PM

22,974 posts, read 58,611,405 times
Cin-Cin Burger is finally opening at the end of the month, at 1425 First Street remodeled (old Twin City Diner) building across Bowman Gray Campus.

Old 10-10-2016, 01:22 PM

7 posts, read 4,647 times
The biggest problem with the Dash is the crooked deal when building it and the prices afterward. They scammed the city by stopping it halfway through as an eye sore next to the interstate which basically blackmailed the city into making sure it got finished. Then after it was built the prices were outrageous (idk if they have changed yet, I hope so). It was $14 a ticket for outfield seats at a single A team in Winston Salem. I can go watch the championship triple a team durham bulls for $6 outside of the capital. Why on Earth are the single a "Dash" (Warthogs at heart) worth more than twice as much as a championship triple a team in a larger city?

Old 10-11-2016, 08:35 AM

1,256 posts, read 2,106,862 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by xxWolfpackxx View Post
The biggest problem with the Dash is the crooked deal when building it and the prices afterward. They scammed the city by stopping it halfway through as an eye sore next to the interstate which basically blackmailed the city into making sure it got finished. Then after it was built the prices were outrageous (idk if they have changed yet, I hope so). It was $14 a ticket for outfield seats at a single A team in Winston Salem. I can go watch the championship triple a team durham bulls for $6 outside of the capital. Why on Earth are the single a "Dash" (Warthogs at heart) worth more than twice as much as a championship triple a team in a larger city?
I've heard of issues during construction but don't know how that has affected ticket prices. Personally, I LOVE BB&T Ballpark and the Dash games I've been to. It's my favorite minor league ballpark, though I've enjoyed all the ones I've been to (Greensboro; Durham; Zebulon; Kinston as well).

Bulls tickets range from $9 (outfield reserved) to $14 (field or terrace reserved) according to their website. Grasshoppers are $10 to $11 for chairback seats; I think $7 for grass seating. Dash tickets start at $7 for grass seating; I think $15 or so for the top reserved seats close to the field? So Dash tickets are a bit high for the level of play, I'm sure supply and demand is a factor. Dash attendance is quite good for the W-S metro area.

Old 10-11-2016, 10:24 AM

3,118 posts, read 4,150,461 times
BB&T Ballpark is renowned nationally as one of the most impressive minor league ballparks in the nation. It is a mini Camden Yards.

Old 10-11-2016, 10:28 AM

86 posts, read 90,545 times
I think the mistake was making it seat so few people and then not being able to add more seating by the way they built it

Old 10-11-2016, 11:24 AM

12,577 posts, read 13,313,001 times
I don't care for where the media/scoring booth/hut/cabin was placed in the middle of the concourse. The positioning of the upper deck makes the concourse feel closed in. Newbridge is open for a full view. Other than that it's a nice park.

Old 10-11-2016, 01:10 PM

7,279 posts, read 13,530,952 times
The Dash average around 4,500 fans per game, which is just over 80% of the park's stated capacity. Some games draw more, some less. In my opinion, it feels neither underbuilt or overbuilt, in terms of capacity.

Old 10-20-2016, 08:19 AM

1,256 posts, read 2,106,862 times
New residential, retail and parking complex planned in Wake Forest Innovation Quarter
340 apartments, 5,000 sq ft retail, parking complex
The property is currently parking lot P1 in the Innovation Quarter.

Old 10-20-2016, 08:28 AM

3,118 posts, read 4,150,461 times
Wake Forest Innovation Quarter and Grubb Properties have teamed up to develop a residential, retail and parking complex in the Innovation Quarter.

Grubb Properties will develop more than 340 apartment units and about 5,000 square feet of retail space wrapped around a shared parking deck with more than 850 spaces, all on 3.4 acres.

The project will be built on what is now the Innovation Quarter P1 parking lot, between North Patterson Avenue and Chestnut Street adjacent to Wake Forest Biotech Place. Grubb Properties will build the residential and retail aspects of the project on the property through a ground lease with Wake Forest University Health Sciences. Wake Forest Baptist Medical Center will own the parking deck.

New residential, retail and parking complex planned in Wake Forest Innovation Quarter - Winston-Salem Journal: Local News

Last edited by SunnyKayak; 01-19-2017 at 01:32 AM.. Reason: hotlinking
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or