U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 01-20-2017, 09:58 AM

7,278 posts, read 13,526,501 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRVT View Post
When I was referring to arcade bars, I was referring to bars that specialize in also being an arcade (like Boxcar). While I'll admit that I was not aware of Camel City BBQ (just moved to the Triad about 6 months ago), I will also say that I wasn't really meaning to include restaurants/bars that also happen to have a few arcade games in the facility. Otherwise, I could probably include just about every bowling alley in the Triad (and the United States for that matter) as well.

That said, I'll probably be trying out Camel City BBQ in the relatively near future. I love BBQ and I love arcade games.

ADD: And now that I see that they apparently have a retro Atari system on site, I almost certainly will be trying them out soon.
Yeah, I knew you didn't mean bars with a dusty PacMan tucked in the corner or a 10-year-old Golden Tee. Camel City BBQ has a good deal more than that. They have a dedicated area (I think they even call it the "Barcade") with a larger than average selection of games. It's not on the level of most arcade bars, but it adds to the fun if you're into that sort of thing. They also have consoles at the tables (in the booths, at least), ranging from classic Atari to n64.

I should add that their BBQ is just okay. I think their smoked wings are the menu standout, and I like that they offer more than just pork (brisket, chicken, ribs), but for quality of BBQ alone, I'd say Bibs has them beat in downtown Winston. But as a place to hang out, have some beers, have some wings, and play games, it's solid.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-13-2017, 09:50 AM

31 posts, read 40,002 times
Work has started on Link-Innovation Quarter. 344 new apartments, 5,000 square feet of retail, 850 space parking garage.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BSuDwvXB...nquarter&hl=en

journalnow.com

Old 04-20-2017, 08:57 AM

214 posts, read 157,464 times
What's the latest on Quarry Park? It seems like it should be opening soon but I can't find any info about it.

Old 04-20-2017, 09:15 AM

6,800 posts, read 4,435,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebermudatriad View Post
What's the latest on Quarry Park? It seems like it should be opening soon but I can't find any info about it.
Groundbreaking ceremony was held in late February. I'm not sure what the construction timeline was estimated to be.

Old 08-24-2017, 04:39 PM

4,580 posts, read 4,399,941 times
Hyatt Place coming to downtown Winston-Salem. Looks like it's going to replace the Staybridge Suites that was suppose to go up next to the planned Hotel Indigo in the Pepper Building. This Hyatt Place will be constructed differently. They will be modular units constructed in a Virginia factory and assembled on site. Don't know what to think of that but Hyatt Place is the kind of mid/upper scale flag that a city would want downtown.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/ne...g-modular.html

Old 08-25-2017, 06:09 AM

6,800 posts, read 4,435,590 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by thebermudatriad View Post
It opened last week.

Old 08-28-2017, 04:39 PM

After the success of Joymongers Brewery in downtown Greensboro, Jim Jones plans to open a second Triad location in Winston-Salem. The concept will be a little different. Ot won't. E Joymongers II.

https://www.bizjournals.com/triad/ne...-location.html

Old 08-28-2017, 05:17 PM

821 posts, read 1,016,103 times
What happen to joetarheel, thanks for updating the w-s thread tho

Old 08-29-2017, 07:36 AM

31 posts, read 40,002 times
A few construction updates.

693 apartments under construction
553 residential units proposed and growing. We just learned the Hyatt place is proposed along with residential in a mixed-use building. Details unknown at the this time.

2 hotels under construction
3 hotels proposed

The Link Innovation Quarter

Gallery Lofts expansion near the IQ.

Bailey Power Plant

Hampton Inn & Suites and future home of Kaliedium Science Museum

Hotel Indigo @ the Pepper Building and future site of a 104-room Hyatt Place.

Restoration on Trade St.

Commerce Plaza renovation.

Future home of The Link Downtown by Grubb Properties.

Public art being installed for Central on 5th grand reopening.

757 North.

West End Station.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:15 AM

Thanks for the update. That Hampton Inn is really coming along.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or