U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 06-01-2015, 08:17 AM

4,691 posts, read 3,263,277 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
My son just moved into Sherwood Station apartments in W-S. Its an older complex in a great location, near the intersection of Polo Road and Robinhood Road. It may be slightly above your price range, I'm not certain. Certainly worth a phone call.

carolinadawg2: I just received a phone call from Mary at Sherwood Station! She has an apartment for me that I can move into on Sept. 1. I am so happy! Thank you for your help with this. I am going to visit in a week or two and firm this up.

This is the second thing I have worried about that has been resolved in the past few days.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-01-2015, 09:54 AM

3,868 posts, read 6,675,099 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by NYgal2NC View Post
carolinadawg2: I just received a phone call from Mary at Sherwood Station! She has an apartment for me that I can move into on Sept. 1. I am so happy! Thank you for your help with this. I am going to visit in a week or two and firm this up.

This is the second thing I have worried about that has been resolved in the past few days.
Wonderful news!!! That's a great location. My sister-in-law's family lives near there, right behind Mt. Tabor H.S., and I used to own/live in a townhouse just a couple of miles down Polo Rd from there. I'm so happy for you.

Old 06-01-2015, 10:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by roadpony View Post
Wonderful news!!! That's a great location. My sister-in-law's family lives near there, right behind Mt. Tabor H.S., and I used to own/live in a townhouse just a couple of miles down Polo Rd from there. I'm so happy for you.
Thank you roadpony. I read all the ratings for Sherwood Station and never saw one negative. Mary, the manager I spoke with, sounds like a really nice person. Driving down mid-June to check it out and follow up with things she needs from me.

Now to get serious about packing, tossing and saving, etc.

Old 06-07-2015, 08:18 AM

2,475 posts, read 2,110,741 times
I semi follow threads about people figuring out where to relocate/retire. This is one prime example of how helpful these forums can be.
Please be sure to update (here or retiring thread) when you take a look and let us know how it goes.
That is just amazing and to find out it's well regarded- fantastic!

Old 06-07-2015, 09:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayvenne View Post
I semi follow threads about people figuring out where to relocate/retire. This is one prime example of how helpful these forums can be.
Please be sure to update (here or retiring thread) when you take a look and let us know how it goes.
That is just amazing and to find out it's well regarded- fantastic!
Thank you. I am leaving Tuesday 6/9 to take care of this. I have had some sleepless nights over this. I am positive about the apartments, I'm just not always secure in the outcome. I'm on a pretty limited budget and wonder how I'll stretch it. Of course I'll use credit card, but was hoping to one day get that in a more reasonable range of what I owe.
I've gotten quotes from movers of $1884 and people here have said that is reasonable. But when I think of it, it looks like a humongous amount. People have said don't move my stuff and buy when I get here. But I think if I did that it would cost me more than $1884. Even if I went to second hand shops. And there are some things (mattress, etc.) I would not buy used. I have a little time to think about that but I'm leaning toward the movers.

Old 06-07-2015, 11:39 AM

4,576 posts, read 7,072,814 times
Hi....a lot of movers have a minimum 1k lb load so you might want to double check on that. If they do, then maybe you can take a lot more than you think. Good luck on your move and please keep us updated on how things are going. You're very brave to rent an apt without seeing it...but that's what I may have to end up ultimately doing too.

Old 06-07-2015, 12:31 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by loveautumn View Post
Hi....a lot of movers have a minimum 1k lb load so you might want to double check on that. If they do, then maybe you can take a lot more than you think. Good luck on your move and please keep us updated on how things are going. You're very brave to rent an apt without seeing it...but that's what I may have to end up ultimately doing too.
Thank you loveautumn. I will keep this thread updated. I love being able to write and get responses that help build my confidence and offer great advice. When you are looking for your place and you use the internet to view apartments/townhomes/houses, remember that pictures are not always a good representation of what you are getting into. I discovered that after my last visit in May. It proved disappointing. But while I am going down to view the apartment this week, if it is a lot worse then I have been told and seen in pictures, I will not take it. I've spent $8o on it so far, application fee and a save fee, but it's worth it to me.
Good luck to you and let us know how things go for you!

Old 06-07-2015, 02:05 PM

6,611 posts, read 6,942,522 times
Quote:
Thank you for the suggestion. The pet fee of $300 seems to be similar in most apartments that accept pets; some run a bit lower. Pet rent of $10 is low compared to other places. Want to check out some other places before going with Hawk Ridge.
Hawk Ridge looks really nice...I haven't seen the apartments inside, but the complex is fairly new and very well kept. It looks like it would be more than $600/mo. so it seems like a good bargain.

Old 06-07-2015, 02:20 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeTarheel View Post
Hawk Ridge looks really nice...I haven't seen the apartments inside, but the complex is fairly new and very well kept. It looks like it would be more than $600/mo. so it seems like a good bargain.
Not sure what you meant with "It looks like it would be more than $600/mo. so it seems like a good bargain".

$600 is my top limit. Can't go over if I don't want to sink.

JoeTarheel: I'm pretty sure it's Sherwood Station for me. Going to take a look this week.

Old 06-07-2015, 02:35 PM

6,611 posts, read 6,942,522 times
Quote:
Not sure what you meant with "It looks like it would be more than $600/mo. so it seems like a good bargain".

$600 is my top limit. Can't go over if I don't want to sink.

JoeTarheel: I'm pretty sure it's Sherwood Station for me. Going to take a look this week.

I was trying to say that it looks like it could be more expensive than $600/mo. - so it seem to be a bargain at that price. It's a nice looking community.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or