U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-30-2015, 06:15 AM

4,639 posts, read 4,813,182 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by gsoboi78 View Post
Well "visionary" plans aren't usually posted on construction wire and I don't think they got the info from the media.
I bet they did. This is from Construction Wire's website FAQ:

"What are your sources? Where do you get your information?

We have a highly trained research staff that gathers the information from thousands of resources — direct from project sponsors (GCs, architects, owners), city/state agency filings, business/local publications, etc."
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-30-2015, 08:04 AM

4,586 posts, read 4,405,123 times
There was information in the post that wasn't in the news and record such as the estimated value of the project. Construction wire also verifies whether or not it's a real project or a vision as a few posters from the Twin City have stated. Notice the Greensboro Triumph Center was never posted on Construction Wire despite all the media fanfare over it back in 2007

Old 06-30-2015, 08:09 AM

Quote:
There was information in the post that wasn't in the news and record such as the estimated value of the project. Construction wire also verifies whether or not it's a real project or a vision as a few posters from the Twin City have stated.
So what? Maybe they called Carroll and asked him what the estimated construction cost is. Maybe they applied a standard cost per square foot and did the math. The fact that Construction Wire picked it up does not in any way mean the project is more real, or closer to construction. Construction Wire is a leads generating service for the construction industry...they're going to put everything and anything on their site. It will be a real project when construction starts.

Old 06-30-2015, 08:12 AM

Why was the Greensboro Triumph Center never posted despite all the media attention? I know some people envy this project especially those from Winston Salem. But people shouldn't be in denial that Roy Carroll Is taking this project seriously

Old 06-30-2015, 08:33 AM

3,813 posts, read 3,309,706 times
Quote:
I'd also like to add that when the Bank of America tower in Charlotte was built it dwarfed all the other towers uptown by at least 25 stories in height. Greensboro needs something taller. We have what I call a flat top skyline where the four tallest buildings are about the same height. We don't need another 20 story tower.

Not Really. There was Bank of America Plaza & Wachovia's large building so it never really dwarfed out.

Here it was in 1992 when it was just finishing. You can still see the crane: https://dilemmaxdotnet.files.wordpre...otte-1992a.jpg

It's perfectly proportioned with the others.

Now. In Oklahoma City, they have Devon Tower that is just a little shorter than Bank of America here in Charlotte. Now THAT is dwarfing the skyline

oklahoma. city devon tower - Google Search

Old 06-30-2015, 08:34 AM

279 posts, read 278,660 times
Quote:
Well "visionary" plans aren't usually posted on construction wire and I don't think they got the info from the media.
Actually they can be.

Can we agree that Carroll himself has clearly stated that this is just an idea and not a formal proposal? I'm not talking about what you heard around or that he mentioned he is talking to people. I am talking about that he himself said this was only an idea.

BTW the project is listed at $5-$25 million dollar range.

If I were you I would pray that this has nothing to do with Carroll as it is unlikely you are going to get a 561 ft signature tower with that. Think about it.

EDIT: As a comparison. PNC tower in Raleigh which at 538 ft is what is cited as a comparison for this project cost $136m in 2009

Last edited by NC-guy; 06-30-2015 at 09:27 AM..

Old 06-30-2015, 08:39 AM

On a side note - I just noticed anyone could sign up to Construction Wire for free and submit information. Hell - even someone from this very forum could do that...

Old 06-30-2015, 10:22 AM

Nobody can't just go in for free and post a complete project description. Again why was the Greensboro Triumph Center never posted on Construction wire?

Old 06-30-2015, 10:34 AM

Quote:
Nobody can't just go in for free and post a complete project description. Again why was the Greensboro Triumph Center never posted on Construction wire?
How do you know it wasn't? That was announced 8 years ago. Maybe they just missed it? Maybe they removed it because it never happened? Maybe this is it:

"Cultural/Social, Hotels/Motels/Resorts, Office Buildings, Parking Structures, Residential - MultiFamily (Apartments/Condos), Retail..."

Listed on February 5, 2007.

The fact that you think its not listed means nothing.

Old 06-30-2015, 11:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
How do you know it wasn't? That was announced 8 years ago. Maybe they just missed it? Maybe they removed it because it never happened? Maybe this is it:

"Cultural/Social, Hotels/Motels/Resorts, Office Buildings, Parking Structures, Residential - MultiFamily (Apartments/Condos), Retail..."

Listed on February 5, 2007.

The fact that you think its not listed means nothing.
Yeah that kind of sounds like the way the Triumph center was hyped to be honest.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point