Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 04-24-2011, 04:19 PM

34 posts, read 144,498 times

Advertisements

They offer classes for nursing assistant, phlebotomy, etc. I am interested in phlebotomy. I was just wondering if anyone has taken classes there and what your experiences have been in passing the state exam afterwards, and finding a job ???
I'd be very interested in any information.
Thank you !
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-24-2011, 04:31 PM

700 posts, read 1,646,275 times
Looks like one of those fly by nights. They say that they are state approve to do training and non degree certification. I just use a rule of thumb. If you have a nurse with a degree/certification from Forsyth Tech and one from this school. Who would you trust in that they have been trained correctly. Me Forsyth Tech.

Old 04-30-2011, 10:08 AM

1 posts, read 10,412 times
Graduated from Mount Eagle Institute and I got the job at Forsyth Hospital and they want more from Mount Eagle because the training is focused and quickly. My personal experience is old colleges have huge classes, long waiting list and mean instructors sometimes and guess what? you might take 6 months for programs that take sometimes 2-3 months. Hope that helps let me know if you want details, I have taken 4 programs with them and I have supervisory position.

Kellyn

Old 10-14-2011, 08:50 AM

1 posts, read 10,121 times
I am also a graduate of MEI, great faculty, great classes and wonderful and friendly people. Got a job at Baptist as CNA-II. I am planning to go back for other programs, I am told they are applying for lpn program I just filled their survey, I hope they get soon, very nice programs and convenient schedule over there.

ARB

Old 12-20-2011, 04:22 AM

1 posts, read 9,942 times
I got my phlebotomy certification from them. They are no Forsyth or GTCC, and trust me, that's a good thing. They're relaxed there and are focused on what you need to learn to be successful. Two of my instructors work at FMC and are some of the best on staff. I'm sending everyone I know there to get their certification. Fast, easy, efficient. That's what I wanted, and that's what I got. Some of the people who graduated in the class before mine (which just ended) have already acquired positions.

Old 02-08-2012, 08:52 PM

1 posts, read 9,757 times
Default Mount Eagle Institute??????

So what did you end up doing, EDGENAPLES2002? I am looking into the programs they offer as well and want to know if it is worth my time and money. How easy was it for anyone who graduated from this institute to find a job. Just curious because I was also looking at the Living Arts Institute and saw a lot of bad reviews about that place.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:00 PM

63 posts, read 99,600 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by snewcomb View Post
So what did you end up doing, EDGENAPLES2002? I am looking into the programs they offer as well and want to know if it is worth my time and money. How easy was it for anyone who graduated from this institute to find a job. Just curious because I was also looking at the Living Arts Institute and saw a lot of bad reviews about that place.
CNA jobs in the Forsyth and Guilford area are plentiful (very plentiful) - home care, facilities, and hospitals - most doctor offices hire CMAs though.

A state approved facility is crucial if you ever decide to go further in nursing and become a LPN or RN as most (probably somewhere around 95%) programs will not accept you if you didn't graduate from a state approved facility.

I've seen very few employers inquire about the training facility the CNAs used when considering them for employment, they just want you to be listed on the registry and to be a graduate from a state approved program.

Old 02-16-2012, 10:21 PM

322 posts, read 666,694 times
where is this place?

Old 03-14-2012, 11:39 AM

2 posts, read 11,503 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by wsnc62 View Post
where is this place?
Near Unemployment office opposite Futon YMCA at Hanes Mill, to be specific below is there address

470 W Hanes Mill Road, Suite 109
Winston Salem, NC 27105
Mount Eagle Institute

Old 03-14-2012, 11:48 AM

1 posts, read 9,594 times
Very nice school, FTCC no longer offers phlebotomy and their cna-I program very long with mean instructors that make you go to clinicals at awkward hours and won't even work with you. I have two little ones and asked for flexibility but no one would listen. I ended up dropping the ftcc cna program and joined mount eagle institute, I completed before even the folks I left at ftcc. I went ahead and did my cma combo program and currently I work at the doctors office in greensboro as cma. I personally recommend everybody who wants to get into health care to this school, its small, preofessional and very relaxed.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point