U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-10-2015, 12:49 PM

1 posts, read 550 times

Advertisements

I graduated from nursing school and have my RN license. It seems that people looking into the nursing field think that "nursing is booming" and there are so many nursing jobs. However, it seems that no one will hire without experience. So, there are nursing schools all over the place churning out new nurses with the promise that the field is in such great need. Yet, I cannot get experience without first getting a job. Where is all the need? Why is there a problem getting a job if there is a need? I have filled out too many applications to count over the past year. Yes, I have edited and edited my resume over and over. Yes, I have applied to all types of jobs: nursing homes, hospital, dialysis, and anything else that I could find. I have applied for full time, part time, PRN, on-call, everything. So, if there is anyone out there that could possibly ever consider hiring an RN without experience, could someone please let me know?
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-10-2015, 01:45 PM

3,867 posts, read 6,657,887 times
Does your nursing school have a placement service that can help you?

Old 07-12-2015, 03:52 AM

1,765 posts, read 3,260,539 times
I do not know your personal situation. If you can move, have you considered the military?

Army Direct Commission Officers | goarmy.com

I would think the other branches of the armed forces have similar webpages.
Are there employment agencies that specialize in placing RNs?

I hope a good job opens up for you soon. Good luck.

Old 07-12-2015, 03:59 AM

1,765 posts, read 3,260,539 times
Brocl, this has some decent info and assurances:

http://academic.son.wisc.edu/student...new_nurses.pdf

I did not realize that the job market for RNs was so tight.

Old 07-19-2015, 12:51 AM

113 posts, read 87,848 times
A staffing agency is a good idea. Also, I'm not sure where you're located in the triad, but if Chapel Hill isn't too unreasonable of a commute, I would look into a company called Residential Services, Inc. they own several group homes and residential facilities in the area and specialize in individuals with disabilities. The work is hard, and probably pays less than what typical RN's make which is why they can't keep anyone. Usually hiring year round. But if experience is really what you want, I'd say you have a pretty good chance getting hired there. Best of luck.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point