Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 06-27-2015, 05:14 PM

57 posts, read 168,006 times

Advertisements

My family and I are planning a camping trip next week @ PMSP and would like to go tubing on Sat the 4th. We have our own tubes, just looking for a shuttle or even drop off and pick up areas that the locals use. I read about put in @ Riverside and take-out at Tharrington - how long is that ride? Where are these located? Could my husband call a cab to take him back to our van to pick us up, or is it one of those short rides where you tube, get out, walk back, tube, get out, walk back?

I saw an outfitter that does shuttles and rents canoes and kayaks on the Yadkin, could we hitch a ride with them - and do we want to?

Looking to spend a few hours (3 or so) on a river. Don't want to drive as far as the Dan River, and try to get cleaned up and in place for fireworks that evening - but if it is the only choice for a decent ride and shuttle we will plan around it.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 06-27-2015, 06:34 PM

22,974 posts, read 65,493,145 times
You can be shuttled in Rockford, I assume that is one you looked at Yadkin River Adventures.
I use outfitters all the time kayaking as going up stream is pain.
If your camping out at Pilot Mountain state park, that would be really sweet. But if you haven't reserve a spot, call asap as many others will be camping.

Call them and see if they will shuttle to Pilot Mountain park, I haven't done the yadkin and very curious about the let out spots are.
The park is beautiful like a lot of our state parks are but I like how they arrange camp site there and clean faculties.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:08 PM

Thanks! I *was* looking at Yadkin River Adventures I will give them a call, it hadn't occurred to me to ask if they shuttled to the park. I haven't made the reservation yet, but they still have 22 sites available. Hanging Rock has been booked for weeks I am sure.

Old 06-27-2015, 07:22 PM

I just looked at 4 hour mountain adventure towards bottom. Under 'Our Trip Description' tab and it states Pilot Mountain East Bend .... So yes, it goes there.

Old 06-27-2015, 08:03 PM

Awesome, thanks so much! I will ask them about what kind of tubing trip they can do for us. 12.5 miles might be a bit long on a tube lol

Old 06-28-2015, 11:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serial Mom View Post
Awesome, thanks so much! I will ask them about what kind of tubing trip they can do for us. 12.5 miles might be a bit long on a tube lol
Hehe, understand, have fun wherever you go, in the future further out but lots of nature go to Davidson River Campground, the campsites are setup what reminds me of cul de sacs and each has nice bathrooms with hot showers.
You can tube directly next to Campground.
We cheated by having Dinner in nearby Brevard then return to the grounds.

Thank you for another kayak possibility as Pilot Mountain is beautiful especially with Autumn.

Old 07-12-2015, 06:18 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serial Mom View Post
Any update on if you tubed the Yadkin ?

Old 07-14-2015, 05:07 AM

No, we did not tube the Yadkin. It was pretty swift for tubing when we were there. We did spend an afternoon splashing and playing in it @ the Pilot Mtn SP access point. We checked out Ararat, but tubing down a narrow, dirty stream through town is not my idea of tubing.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point