U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-10-2015, 08:45 AM

4,639 posts, read 4,822,513 times

Advertisements

Quote:
Originally Posted by skinsguy37 View Post
Number one, you have no authority to chastise me on my opinion of Meineke. Unless you're willing to assume any financial responsibility for my vehicle, you need to check your attitude at the door. Secondly, I simply base my opinion on my own experience. I completely accept the possibility that coincidence could have been the deciding factor and not a specific mistake on the part of Meineke. But seeing as how I know my vehicle's history prior to that visit, as well as my own driving habits and strict scheduling of maintenance, in my opinion, there was too much of a coincidence. That being said, nobody has said anything about sabotage except for you. Your overly dramatic objection to my opinion is simply making you look like a troll. If you disagree, fine, disagree. But there is no need to attempt to belittle me for stating my opinion. Just simply need to disagree any move on.
Your skin is too thin for internet discussions, imo.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-10-2015, 09:55 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,242,878 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
Thank you for your opinion!

Old 08-12-2015, 02:51 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,323,717 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by carolinadawg2 View Post
Agree.

Quote:
Thank you for your opinion!
By asking "I'm supposed to assume it's all coincidence and take the car back for a second round?" you bit off more than you could chew.
My reply was more about the absurdity of your question than the actual content, but I was in a sporting mood.
I worked on cars for nearly 20 years so when you post such a ridiculously absurd statement I would recommend having stronger evidence than rhetorical suspicion.

Old 08-14-2015, 07:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
By asking "I'm supposed to assume it's all coincidence and take the car back for a second round?" you bit off more than you could chew.
My reply was more about the absurdity of your question than the actual content, but I was in a sporting mood.
I worked on cars for nearly 20 years so when you post such a ridiculously absurd statement I would recommend having stronger evidence than rhetorical suspicion.
The hilarious thing in all of this is that I wasn't the one who claimed Meineke sabotaged my car; it was you:

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P
Playing along with your conspiracy:
If this were true and Meineke "rigged" your car....
My statement said nothing about "rigging" or "sabotage" or conspiracy. I just basically said:

Quote:
Originally Posted by me
Now, I can't necessarily say Meineke is responsible for what happened to my car, but I can't deny the coincidence.
Just as I stated, I can't say Meineke sabotaged my car, I can't say they made a mistake out of neglect, I can't say they were responsible at all. But just as my statement reads, I also can't deny the coincidence. My statement of not taking my car back to Meineke is out of precaution, not conspiracy.

I'd suggest before you become too emotionally thin-skinned over the whole thing, you might need to take a step back and understand what I'm saying before you spout off about absurdity and conspiracy. You really made yourself sound quite bitter about your past profession. I have worked in IT for over 10 years, and I recognize that there have been people in my profession that don't do their jobs well. This is true in any profession. You getting all bent out of shape because there's a chance that I may have (which I was careful not to) accused a company of having less than professional mechanics is really what is absurd. You could have simply asked for details on what was wrong with my car and given your opinions in disagreement in a respectable manner instead of copping an attitude.

Old 08-15-2015, 08:14 PM

12,577 posts, read 13,323,717 times
Quote:
The hilarious thing in all of this is that I wasn't the one who claimed Meineke sabotaged my car; it was you:

My statement said nothing about "rigging" or "sabotage" or conspiracy. I just basically said:

Just as I stated, I can't say Meineke sabotaged my car, I can't say they made a mistake out of neglect, I can't say they were responsible at all. But just as my statement reads, I also can't deny the coincidence. My statement of not taking my car back to Meineke is out of precaution, not conspiracy.

I'd suggest before you become too emotionally thin-skinned over the whole thing, you might need to take a step back and understand what I'm saying before you spout off about absurdity and conspiracy. You really made yourself sound quite bitter about your past profession. I have worked in IT for over 10 years, and I recognize that there have been people in my profession that don't do their jobs well. This is true in any profession. You getting all bent out of shape because there's a chance that I may have (which I was careful not to) accused a company of having less than professional mechanics is really what is absurd. You could have simply asked for details on what was wrong with my car and given your opinions in disagreement in a respectable manner instead of copping an attitude.
When you claimed "coincidence" you insinuated they did something, but according to you only the oil was changed. Your suspicion was fueled by the independent shop being perplexed your car was having such issues.
I've read exactly what you said. You just got ticked because instead of empathy someone stood up and called B.S.
You should have stopped with this: "May not be fair for me to say."

Old 08-17-2015, 10:48 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by WFW&P View Post
When you claimed "coincidence" you insinuated they did something, but according to you only the oil was changed. Your suspicion was fueled by the independent shop being perplexed your car was having such issues.
I've read exactly what you said. You just got ticked because instead of empathy someone stood up and called B.S.
You should have stopped with this: "May not be fair for me to say."
And you should have stopped with this: " "
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point