U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 07-16-2015, 06:33 AM

1 posts, read 877 times

Advertisements

My husband is being relocated back to North Carolina, we are from the Raleigh area. But this time we are going to the Greensboro area. I have been out there and looked in Mebane as that would be a good middle ground between the separate locations for his job. However with doing my research I have found that northwest Greensboro area has way better schools. Is that area great to live? Image never been there? The homes priced ok? Any feedback would be great.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 07-16-2015, 06:38 AM

1,486 posts, read 1,696,911 times
I live in NW Greensboro and I like it fine.

I'm not sure why "homes priced ok" means, but there are homes in a range of price points, so you could probably find something you can afford.

Old 07-18-2015, 04:02 PM

824 posts, read 1,019,555 times
Hi Xrinarubio13

NW Greensboro is a good mix of Transplants from outta state and local residence with a good mix of international restaurants and varied cultures, I have lived here for the last 3 years out of the 4 that iv'e been in Greensboro and it's a great location for housing and proximity to shopping such as Friendly, Crime is also pretty much non existent compared to other parts of the city. Keep in mind the Greensboro urban loop(540) is currently being constructed right through NW Greensboro, so that may bring property values down a tad, Depending on the area you choose. As for housing, houses usually range in the 80K to as high 1 mil+ price point depending again on the area, as for renting for an apartment you're looking at 700-1000+ for a 3 bed And 700-800 for a 2 bed on average. Traffic can get pretty backed up around the main arteries at certain parts of the day, but it's still fairly "Brisk" compared to Charlotte or Raleigh concerning wait times.

Last edited by GSOCitizen; 07-18-2015 at 04:16 PM..

Old 07-18-2015, 05:08 PM

84 posts, read 120,696 times
I would assume the schools you are speaking of fall in the Northwest or Northern Guilford school districts. Being an educator myself I know that both districts are routinely in the top 10 ranked school districts in the state from state test scores, graduation rates, college bound, etc. If living in the triad area and you want the best public schools you can find for your children they would be it with out a doubt. Both are very desirable and highly regarded schools for sure. They tend to serve predominately the wealthy suburban northwest and northern areas of Greensboro such as the towns of Stokesdale, Oak Ridge, and Summerfield, and also the Cardinal golf club area of Greensboro. I don't know of a single family new construction neighborhood in either district that starts below the 300's. The highly desired schools are driving up real estate prices in this area in that almost all new construction is in the 400's and up range.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or