U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 08-19-2015, 07:41 PM

779 posts, read 2,932,128 times

Advertisements

Oh yes, and there is a Maggiano's in Durham as well, if I remember rightly...
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-19-2015, 07:43 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drrckmtthws View Post
Moved away, but my favs were
Hanging out in City Center Park:

Biking Bur-Mil and kayaking Lake Brandt

also biking and running country and battle ground park

(I think they cut down this tree, don't know why)

My Alma Mater

It was also cool hoppin on the part bus and going to Winston for 1 dollar(Left 2010 so it's probably higher now but still cheaper then what I would spend on gas.

Also cool was easy day trips to either Hanging Rock or Pilot Mountain

(all pictures belong to me and were taken by me(some of my post have been deleted so just had to note that)
Great pics, thanks for sharing! Speaking of City Center Park, the NC Folk Festival will be in Greensboro, there, for the most part on Sept 11-13th this year! Woot!!!

Old 08-20-2015, 05:49 PM

528 posts, read 452,838 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by ibeg4sushi View Post
Oh yes, and there is a Maggiano's in Durham as well, if I remember rightly...
Here's the best-kept secret at Southpoint Mall in Durham: Cafe Bistro inside Nordstrom. Many people claim the food is better than The Cheesecake Factory.

Old 08-25-2015, 07:48 AM

5,756 posts, read 4,233,177 times
What I like about the Triad area? Once you learn a few key places to get to and a few key roads, you quickly start to figure your way in and around the area. If I get lost, I can always count on running upon a familiar road that will get me back to some place I'm very familiar with. I try my best not to use my GPS unless I have to get to some place unfamiliar within a certain time. Other than that, I feel pretty confident in being able to find my way home from anywhere.

What else do I like about the Triad area? Well, specifically in the Greensboro area, you have a little of everything. You have the slow pace of Oak Ridge that seems more in line with where I used to live in Virginia. You have downtown which gives you enough of a city feel. There's a lot of culture downtown. I feel like it's a melting pot. You have really nice shopping all within a close approximation. There's places for big time entertainment, there's festivals, there's a lot going on almost all the time. And as someone else mentioned, there's a lot colleges around the area.

Basically, you can make the triad area as fast paced or slow paced as you want. You can make it as big or small as you want.

Old 08-27-2015, 09:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by shunketsu View Post
Here's the best-kept secret at Southpoint Mall in Durham: Cafe Bistro inside Nordstrom. Many people claim the food is better than The Cheesecake Factory.

Well, I say it's worth a trip over! Thanks!!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point