U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 08-11-2015, 08:48 AM

9 posts, read 7,079 times

Advertisements

We're checking out the area, as we contemplate relocating. I've done enough reading to learn that the north/north west areas are worth looking at for schools. I'd also love to get some advice on the following:

Parks for kids: we have a 5yr old and a 10 yr old. They love to swim, bike, and play. What parks would you recommend we check out?

Mountain biking: I love to mountain bike, and am spoiled by being able to jump on my bike and go into the woods (no driving). Are there areas where I could live and do this in Greensboro? I see trails are in the same north/north west area.

Golf memberships for families: we'd probably want to join a golf club with a pool. Any recommendations for something that is reasonable? Maybe I should just ask, what are the best clubs for families at the best costs?

Family fun: We're in Greensboro for 3-4 days. What comes to mind with the statement "you absolutely need to check this out"?

Thanks!!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 08-11-2015, 09:39 AM

4,639 posts, read 4,805,828 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lloydy View Post
We're checking out the area, as we contemplate relocating. I've done enough reading to learn that the north/north west areas are worth looking at for schools. I'd also love to get some advice on the following:

Parks for kids: we have a 5yr old and a 10 yr old. They love to swim, bike, and play. What parks would you recommend we check out?
Bur-Mill and Country Parks.

http://www.greensboro-nc.gov/index.aspx?page=1190
Guilford County Government | Bur-Mil Park

Quote:
Mountain biking: I love to mountain bike, and am spoiled by being able to jump on my bike and go into the woods (no driving). Are there areas where I could live and do this in Greensboro? I see trails are in the same north/north west area.
Here's info from the City's parks department on mt. biking trails:

City of Greensboro, NC : Mountain Biking Trails

Quote:
Golf memberships for families: we'd probably want to join a golf club with a pool. Any recommendations for something that is reasonable? Maybe I should just ask, what are the best clubs for families at the best costs?
Most of those will be very expensive...G'boro Country Club, Starmount CC, Sedgefield CC. As an alternative, G'boro has excellent public golf courses, particularly Bryan Park. There are several swim/tennis clubs that are much more reasonable, such as Green Valley, Sherwood and Hamilton Lakes.

Quote:
Family fun: We're in Greensboro for 3-4 days. What comes to mind with the statement "you absolutely need to check this out"?
Natural Science Center, Country Park, Greensboro Children's Museum, Center City Park, Yum Yum (for hot dogs and ice cream).

Old 08-11-2015, 09:46 AM

149 posts, read 201,276 times
check out Bur-Mill Park. Pool, playground,greenway access, mountain biking trails. Google Owl's Roost Trail. (also wild turkey)

I don't know your price range...but if you live off of Owl's Roost road, you can ride straight to great mountain bike trails.

There are a lot of Summerfield neighborhoods that would work also. Check out Toscana Trace (south of 150), Hillsdale lake neighborhood (Bronco lane). From these neighborhoods, you can access the Greenway system without leaving the neighborhood. There are also lots of houses off of Strawberry Road to check out out, that are very close.

You might want to separate the Golf and Pool membership deal. The Greensboro Country Club has both ($$$$$), as does the Cardinal. But there are tons of neighborhood pools that are great and much more convient. In the NW area I'd look at Oakridge Pool as well as Ridgewood.

Old 08-11-2015, 09:48 AM

149 posts, read 201,276 times
just saw the above post... gotta checkout Natural Science center....penguins!!! Ray touch tank!!! Gibbons!!! Oh my

Old 08-11-2015, 10:59 AM

1,302 posts, read 1,228,350 times
What every one else said, also, New At the Natural Science Center, Sky Wild.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bKzYBElEVk8

Old 08-11-2015, 01:56 PM

9 posts, read 7,079 times
Awesome info, thanks!

Keep ideas coming!
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
Follow City-Data.com founder on our Forum or