Welcome to City-Data.com Forum!
U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Old 04-08-2011, 02:56 PM

700 posts, read 1,645,815 times

Advertisements

Ok now that we have examined The City of Winston_salem Water supply. And laughed at our Red Color water. Lets look at G-Boro. Couple of things. G-boro over the years has had to go to some type of water conservation measures during the summer months. At one time or they still do. They were buying water from W-S. I heard the tune of millions of gallons. Never mind that really could not see anything on it. With the New Randleman Lake that is to solve some of that problem. Here is the thig. If you go to Google Maps. Put in High Point Landfill on Kivet Drive. Pan to the right a few frames and you will see the Old HP landfill. Not sure if any of you remember Seaboard Chemicial. The old that had all the leaks. Superfund Site. Same place. During the 1980's I worked for a disposal company that used HP landfill at that site. Guess what is on the backside of the Landfill. Deep River. Across the street is the HP City Sewer plant.Which release into The Deep River Basin. If you follow the river down stream. You will come to The New Randleman Lake. Which is one of the new water sources.
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 04-09-2011, 09:34 AM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
Fox8 did a documentary several years ago about Seaboard Chemical. According to the report part of the clean up was natrual filtration to filter out chemicals as digging them up would cause more harm than good. Take it for what its worth. Additionally Randleman lake is not going to be Greensboro's primary water source.

Old 04-10-2011, 09:24 AM

700 posts, read 1,645,815 times
You might want to take a personal look at the backside of the landfill. I have seen different colors in the runoff and days after. The chemical plant had drums on the dock as late as the mid 90's. The sewer plant has had more than one overflow. Understanding that this water soucre is secondary. But being a betting man. The City of Greensboro will increase it's dependance on it as the City grows.

Old 08-25-2015, 08:53 AM

1 posts, read 1,127 times
Hello - I've just moved to High Point and I've noticed the water smells and tastes like dirt... can anyone help me understand if this is the norm? It's everywhere, not just my home, and I'm a little grossed out, for a lack of a better term. It's only been a few weeks and I'm having a hard time getting used to it.

Old 08-25-2015, 06:40 PM

12,573 posts, read 15,557,269 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by dawner119 View Post
Hello - I've just moved to High Point and I've noticed the water smells and tastes like dirt... can anyone help me understand if this is the norm? It's everywhere, not just my home, and I'm a little grossed out, for a lack of a better term. It's only been a few weeks and I'm having a hard time getting used to it.
High Point's water has always tasted bad. That's why when we remodeled our kitchen a fridge with a filtered water dispenser was a must. Before that we used a Brita.
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point