U.S. CitiesCity-Data Forum Index
Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point
 [Register]
Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point The Triad Area
Please register to participate in our discussions with 2 million other members - it's free and quick! Some forums can only be seen by registered members. After you create your account, you'll be able to customize options and access all our 15,000 new posts/day with fewer ads.
View detailed profile (Advanced) or search
site with Google Custom Search

Reply Start New Thread

Old 09-28-2015, 01:36 PM

10 posts, read 12,392 times

Advertisements

Thanks booney56.
She would love to do XC but yes Band is her first love and can't do them at the same time. She will be running indoor (really indoor at OCC) for the winter, so that would be great to be outdoors next winter
Thanks again for your help! I am sure I will have more questions as this year flies by!
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Old 09-29-2015, 08:32 PM

149 posts, read 201,326 times
Check out Say Yes Guilford Home - Say Yes to Education - Guilford They just announced the start of this program down here.

This will help out college tuition for you. It's partial help for those who come here during high school.

It's funny, Syracuse has this program also. People here are pretty excited about it.

Old 01-27-2017, 02:33 PM

3 posts, read 1,108 times
Hi, my wife and I are also thinking of relocating to Kernersville from LI NY, I just want to get some feedback on how your transition was, how expensive is utilities etc. We are currently budgeting to hopefully make a move in the summer. Any information you can give me will be greatly appreciated

Old 01-28-2017, 11:18 AM

240 posts, read 225,871 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guin13 View Post
Hi, my wife and I are also thinking of relocating to Kernersville from LI NY, I just want to get some feedback on how your transition was, how expensive is utilities etc. We are currently budgeting to hopefully make a move in the summer. Any information you can give me will be greatly appreciated
I'm a NC native and Kernersville resident. I can't speak to the transition, that will depend on tastes and habits. I can tell you that nearly everything you're used to paying will be substantially cheaper in NC compared to Long Island, NY. My water is included with the rent at my complex.

Old 01-29-2017, 05:32 PM

Thanks for your reply' I am just worried because it is a big move, I just want to make sure that kit is the right move. Do you know where I can find information about utilities , vas, electricity, cable etc. I have a guesstimated budget I am just trying to tighten it up a bit.

Thanks again

Old 01-30-2017, 10:14 AM

6,800 posts, read 4,429,472 times
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guin13 View Post
Thanks for your reply' I am just worried because it is a big move, I just want to make sure that kit is the right move. Do you know where I can find information about utilities , vas, electricity, cable etc. I have a guesstimated budget I am just trying to tighten it up a bit.

Thanks again
The most common electricity provider is Duke Power. Their rate is about 9 cents per kwh, with a $20 to $25 dollar "base charge". Google them and you can find their exact charges. Same for Piedmont Natural Gas and Time Warner.

Old 01-30-2017, 12:04 PM

Thanks for the info
Please register to post and access all features of our very popular forum. It is free and quick. Over $68,000 in prizes has already been given out to active posters on our forum. Additional giveaways are planned.

Detailed information about all U.S. cities, counties, and zip codes on our site: City-data.com.

Please update this thread with any new information or opinions. This open thread is still read by thousands of people, so we encourage all additional points of view.

Quick Reply

Over $104,000 in prizes was already given out to active posters on our forum and additional giveaways are planned!

Go Back   City-Data Forum > U.S. Forums > North Carolina > Greensboro, Winston-Salem, High Point